Minister sued for R500,000 in unpaid bills

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
Why should she pay when they don't want their followers to pay? She was a 'freedom fighter', right? Don't they get everything for free?

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
We'll pay in any event
We will. I have no doubt that they will tap the tax payers money to settle this bill. BUT, it will not happen any time soon though. I suspect that government is placing tremendous pressure on the Chinese for the money promised to them. They have used grant money for the Eskom payment and I doubt they have enough money left to pay grants next month if the Chinese's money does not come through.

j4ck455

Executive Member
According to the report, “an ANC-linked senior official unlawfully cancelled the debt in 2015, thereby allowing Sisulu to get a tax certificate to sell the house”.
When the cANCer party was controlling the City of Joburg, they completely screwed up the billing to the point where ordinary residential customers were routinely being billed insane amounts of R100k+ and had their services effectively terminated due to non-payment.

Presumably the amount owed by Lindiwe has been determined by independent auditors and takes into account all of the cANCer party's billing screw-ups.

As for the amount owed, was this minister running a weed growing business on that property?

Peon

Expert Member
Nee is lekk0r, the anc are all beyond our 'measly' understanding of supreme beings. How dare we question them? Its only plebs like us that have to pay bills.

aleksandar

In 2016 and 2018 I thought that wife paid bill and she thought that I did.
They cut off electricity both times without notification, I think 2 or 3 invoices were not paid.

Few people were in the queue with similar stories so it was not isolated case and it happened on Friday so I had to sort it out quickly and follow up few times in order to be restored same day (SWAMBO was not happy).

It was our fault but no notification was sent to us and that made me bit angry.

Ordinary people have to pay......

Bonk

Owed R537k and could sell the house. Also, I thought that it is only the indigent that could get their municipal debt canceled. This whole debacle only demonstrates that she has no moral compass at all.

Daruk

Honorary Master
The minister responded to the legal challenge by saying the City of Johannesburg council “was remiss not to alert her of the situation”.
It begs the question how one rakes up a bill like that without knowing...
Besides, an ANC cadre squashing the bill.... did they do that on their own, in their own time and out of their own goodwill? I doubt it.