Mirror (non)Trading International 2 - The Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissKnow-a-Little

Still absolutely no real sign that Cheri hasn't also fled, but I think it highly likely. This scheme has reached implosion point a bit too quickly. Just for a start, it would have been far better if the FASC report had come out before any collapse because then MTI would have known exactly against what they needed defence and what they could shrug off.
Didn't you see her vinyls arrived and it's next level!
:cautious:

Venator

Expert Member
You see! Johan left the country on 2 Dec, look at how this was introduced to the thread, and how it is now an established fact? Is It?

We didn't say it's a fact that he left on the 2nd...we said the fact that he ISN'T IN THE COUNTRY and that fact that the dates for the other event don't add up makes it seem all the more plausible that he may indeed have left on the 2nd already.

Once again...."you see!"...that's confirmation bias. Keep it in check.

notayoba

It's not possible in any way that we know or understand , to every knowledgeable trader the claim "looks like a lie" it "seems improbable" and is enough to cause most of us to doubt. I don't think anyone disputes this.

But on a purely rational level, that does not conclusively establish that they aren't and every statement leaves room for the possibility, as small as it may be, that it might not be a lie. The regulator wants to establish for a fact, that it is a lie, and not rely on what seems to be a lie, or impossibility. Theeir own language states that - "the claimed returns seem unrealistic"

I don't know if you appreciate the difference.

My experience with forex, and crypto trading informs me that both are akin to gambling and high risk endeavours, hence the warnings when you signup with any such broker.

But just seeming to be impossible doesn't make something impossible.
Just because someone seems to be an mti member doesn't make them an mti member, or whatever else seems probable to us, doesn't establish something as indelible fact.

The onus of proof for their extraordinary claims don't lie with us, it lies with MTI.

Prove that there isn't a purple rat living in the core of Jupiter that rules the solar system by telepathy. Can't? Well then you might as well bet your life savings on it, since it's possible.

IndigoIdentity

Expert Member
There are proven traders with bots that have exceeded these returns. Those traders though will detail, that below $1000 they can function, but if they start trading at higher volumes, they start to get inconsistent results, and that if any strategy was publicised it would be dead in the water in no time at all.

So the challenge would be to meaningfully obtain these results at high volume trades - which as pointed out before, would not be possible due to the principles of supply and demand.
Care to point me to such proof?

The thing is... MTI claims to grow members BTC at x.xx% per day. They also claim to trade with only a fraction of the members pool of invested funds / cryptos.

How much percent do they need to pull off in order to pay all members say, 1% of their investment as a return PER DAY? Think about it...

kahoel117

No. Just joined a few days ago. The recruiting is optional, so was not going that route.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
It's not possible in any way that we know or understand , to every knowledgeable trader the claim "looks like a lie" it "seems improbable" and is enough to cause most of us to doubt. I don't think anyone disputes this.

But on a purely rational level, that does not conclusively establish that they aren't and every statement leaves room for the possibility, as small as it may be, that it might not be a lie. The regulator wants to establish for a fact, that it is a lie, and not rely on what seems to be a lie, or impossibility. Theeir own language states that - "the claimed returns seem unrealistic"

My experience with forex, and crypto trading informs me that both are akin to gambling and high risk endeavours, hence the warnings when you signup with any such broker.

Just because someone seems to be an mti member doesn't make them an mti member, or whatever else seems probable to us, doesn't establish something as indelible fact.

Is there a chance it could all be legit? Sure
Let's run the math for fun because numbers are cool

In every statement we'll give it a 50% chance of being legitimate,and we'll just use the short list I posted (there's more but I covered the gist) - 27,and I counted
Then we have to multiply those same odds with every inaccuracy and lie they've been caught in to get the likelihood of each successive statement proving legitimacy assuming multiplicatively each previous lie or inaccuracy decreases the likelihood of them all being the truth and we're just jealous (it's like compounding interest but more realistic!)
So,i'm happy to say that there is at least a 0,0000000074% chance of it being legitimate

Maybe i'm overzealous,i'll give you half back for fun. So maybe there's a 0,000061% chance then
Happy?

The short of it is:
Fool me once,shame on you,fool me 27(or 14 since I did give you half back)+ times? I must be stupid or hellbent on being poor

notayoba

No. Just joined a few days ago. The recruiting is optional, so was not going that route.
About 70 30 i would guess. You might get your coins back, but probably not.

Depending how hard the regulators come at the carcass when this is dead, they may or may not come for any coins you managed to extract, to redistribute evenly amongst the victims (and lawyers)

MONTHEBIFF733B

Man it sounds like you want to catch Cheri red handed rubbing her hands together and uttering “oh i cant wait to steal these goons’ money like i did with btcglonal” before the scales would tip for you. Let me do a Peter Muller- YOU SAID THAT WE WERE GRASPING AT STRAWS!! THAT WE WERE FEEDING OUR CONFIRMATION BIAS!

• A 1% daily growth average with daily compounding equals a 13 fold growth yearly!!! That is an extraordinary claim that requires extraordinary evidence! THAT IS NOT GRASPING AT STRAWS. THAT IS NOT FEEDING OUR CONFIRMATION BIAS
  • Getting that 1% daily growth by trading with only 3-5% of the pot equals successfully trading at 20-33% per DAY. That’s like saying “my petrol will literally turn you volla into a boeing 747”. The chance of this being possible is so vanishingly small that “improbable” becomes a conservative discription. THAT IS NOT GRASPING AT STRAWS. THAT IS NOT FEEDING OUR CONFIRMATION BIAS

But yes, I could get bitten by donkey, while being struck by lightning, wedged in the middle of a human centipede trio that decided to three way split its lottery winnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.