Mirror (non)Trading International 3 - Freemasons,Russians,and no bitcoins

reg4812

As pointed out by @notayoba (and I think @John Tempus also mentioned it somewhere) the "take" from ponzies are not necessarily that much. If they did make a ton followimg BTC Global the main players definitely seem to have done well not to buy Gulfstreams etc. (they don't strike me as the keep something for tomorrow kind).

Something else that I wonder though, is considering at least MTI's super duper security awareness - what are the chances that much of the loot is really now owned by some 12 year old russian kid?

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
As pointed out by @notayoba (and I think @John Tempus also mentioned it somewhere) the "take" from ponzies are not necessarily that much. If they did make a ton followimg BTC Global the main players definitely seem to have done well not to buy Gulfstreams etc. (they don't stgrike me as the keep something for tomorrow kind).

Something else that I wonder though, is considering at least MTI's super duper security awareness - what are the chances that much of the loot is really now owned by some 12 year old russian kid?
I'm sure they'd have put that at the top of the list if they thought it would be a usable excuse.

ZA_Witcher

I don't think any Ponzi scheme has ever collapsed where any investors actually got out any noteworthy money after years of legal proceedings.
True I've also heard that, like one of my friends father he invested a ton of money in Bernie Madoff's scheme and till this day he hasn't received any money from his initial investment.

reg4812

I'm sure they'd have put that at the top of the list if they thought it would be a usable excuse.
Maybe not if they thought there was a still hope to get something from this and continuing for as long as needed / possible?

aofafrica

Most ponzis pay out a very large percentage to keep up appearances. I would be surprised if the top shills got away with more than 5%. Split between them it's not that much. With the lifestyles they try to lead, I would say the money has simply been spent.
Remember this was planned.
It doesn't take a genius to know that keeping the money hidden is sensible regardless how it turns out

They have enough experience in scams to know that people will look for the money. If you are successful it will be SARS. If you fail it will be SAPS.

I believe they have made MANY millions and have hidden it reasonably well (apart from 1 house and a few land rovers)

notayoba

As pointed out by @notayoba (and I think @John Tempus also mentioned it somewhere) the "take" from ponzies are not necessarily that much. If they did make a ton followimg BTC Global the main players definitely seem to have done well not to buy Gulfstreams etc. (they don't strike me as the keep something for tomorrow kind).

The thought also crossed my mind. Good chance they really got hacked. Got scammed before they could scam.

reg4812

Don't think a hack caused them to shut shop, though. The end compared to BTC Global seem a bit more abrupt. Almost like some of the kids did not get along anymore.

I still wonder about the need for an actual trip to Brazil. Did they just want a bit more authenticity?
The sudden appearance of Nerina in the story also seem strange. Was that part of Team Ward's smoke and mirrors or a less than subtle message trying to force Johann's hand on an issue?

notayoba

Don't think a hack caused them to shut shop, though. The end compared to BTC Global seem a bit more abrupt. Almost like some of the kids did not get along anymore.

I still wonder about the need for an actual trip to Brazil. Did they just want a bit more authenticity?
The sudden appearance of Nerina in the story also seem strange. Was that part of Team Ward's smoke and mirrors or a less than subtle message trying to force Johann's hand on an issue?
Lots of possibilities. The one I like most is that Johann pulled a reverse patsy on Lindtbol.

quovadis

Executive Member
Lol, the only fake news is pretty much anything that came out of MTI "management" and "team leaders" mouths.
If you refer to anything as fake news it usually is a red flag for those who are afraid of the truth. If you disagree with someone engage with them or get a WhatsApp lawyer - MTI has one who’s now out of a job and it would just boost the people rag have who have experience in MTI and are able to help them out :ROFL::ROFL:

DesertWrangler

The thought also crossed my mind. Good chance they really got hacked. Got scammed before they could scam.
Not likely. There never was any money to steal. The money went out, as quickly as it came in. I’m sure they kept a wallet with enough bitcoin to cover expected withdrawals, at least for a while, but nothing more than that.

Wary GOM

Expert Member
What are the chances the Marks took out JS, and we have been sidetracked..
Just my opinion: a probability greater than zero but less than 1.
I don't think he has any value to them except as a "bogey-man" who stole the bitcoin. It probably would be disadvantageous to have him come out of hiding an open cupboards that have skeletons in them. S - O I certainly wouldn't underwrite his life insurance policies.