Mirror (non)Trading International 3 - Freemasons,Russians,and no bitcoins

John Tempus

Executive Member
Of course, it is possible that he is one of the investors who really did believe that that MTI had a longer run ahead, so he has invested more than he withdrew and will genuinely be wanting his money.

Doubtful, if that was the case he would push for MTI being declared a ponzi as his main objective. That would give him the best chance of breaking even at the very least.

I think he is just another paper profit bum that wants a way to get his last ill gains out of MTI and I would assume its quite a large chunk of paper profits seeing how he is retaining one set of lawyers after another at his expense I would assume.

Jefferson D'Arcy

I am somewhat confused that the corpulent power couple have not fled the country, like the two innocent 786 boys did recently, not to mention Johan. Do the billions in ill-gotten gains mean they can pay off enough people to run interference in the legal system for them?

Perhaps judging them by their disgusting appearance and demeanour was unfair. Crass SUVs, tasteless homes and short-haired fighting dogs aside, perhaps they are quite savvy or well connected at least.

notayoba

I am somewhat confused that the corpulent power couple have not fled the country, like the two innocent 786 boys did recently, not to mention Johan. Do the billions in ill-gotten gains mean they can pay off enough people to run interference in the legal system for them?

Perhaps judging them by their disgusting appearance and demeanour was unfair. Crass SUVs, tasteless homes and short-haired fighting dogs aside, perhaps they are quite savvy or well connected at least.
I think it's good old arrogance. An arrogance gained from getting away with the same thing multiple times.

Tman*

Expert Member
I think it's good old arrogance. An arrogance gained from getting away with the same thing multiple times.
This x 100

They are most probably telling their friends and family (those that are still speaking to them) that they are the true victims of this scam

Wary GOM

Expert Member
Excuse my ignorance, but how can an attorney remove another attorney from the Bar? Surely this is done via council?
I don't think it can be done EXCEPT by council. Yet another example of the abysmal extent to which writers of MTI material try to make reality conform to the narrative they are spinning.

expedite

I don't think that the FSCA's advise to all punters to withdraw their monies as soon as possible, helps matters any.

I know that much of what has since happened makes registration with the FSCA a non-event, but complying with the advice given by a regulatory body kind of makes it more difficult to unravel the mess.

John Tempus

Executive Member

They have gotten away with similar crimes over the last decade+ so if you get away with theft so many times and never get prosecuted then they probably think they will act the same with the most recent MTI scam and will get off yet again as just another victim.

This entire thing could have been stopped many months ago with far fewer victims and easier way to recover what was left with Johann still in the country etc. but the FSCA as a regulating body did exactly what regulators always do. Sit on their fat fingers and wait until it is too late and then only come in acting like they are doing a good job.

The FSCA failed every single person who got fkd by MTI and should be blamed as a regulator body for part of this entire situation.

Wary GOM

Expert Member
They have gotten away with similar crimes over the last decade+ so if you get away with theft so many times and never get prosecuted then they probably think they will act the same with the most recent MTI scam and will get off yet again as just another victim.

This entire thing could have been stopped many months ago with far fewer victims and easier way to recover what was left with Johann still in the country etc. but the FSCA as a regulating body did exactly what regulators always do. Sit on their fat fingers and wait until it is too late and then only come in acting like they are doing a good job.

The FSCA failed every single person who got fkd by MTI and should be blamed as a regulator body for part of this entire situation.
Bang on target with the last sentence except that you didn't mention the Hawks, who are still sitting firmly on their perches doing b*all.

PRESUMABLY there was some evidence in material taken during the raid, but not enough for a strong case that MTI was a Ponzi. I suppose there is the chance that FSCA was waiting for material on BTCG or whatever it was to surface if the MTI leaders felt secure?

Plenty of food for theories, but what I want to see is the whole leadership of MTI go down. The more people who benefited from later entrants' money the better, but the central crew must be stopped this time.

Wary GOM

Expert Member
I don't think that the FSCA's advise to all punters to withdraw their monies as soon as possible, helps matters any.

I know that much of what has since happened makes registration with the FSCA a non-event, but complying with the advice given by a regulatory body kind of makes it more difficult to unravel the mess.
Hmmm.
It certainly makes it harder for anyone claiming money from MTI or those who actually gained real BTC (as distinct from back-office, superbot BTC) to pretend that they were duped. Whether or not they were innocently foolish, they cannot claim ignorance that they were investing in a business of questionable legality.

No wonder there is no shortage of lawyers who are taking on clients' cases - this promises to be far more protracted than the Krion case. So far I haven't seen any reports of any personal cases against e.g. Mr Muller or any of the other cheerleaders, but that is most likely only because everything is pretty much on hold until the outcome of the case next year. Cheri & Co can expect a lifetime of civil cases. Ag shem!

Wary GOM

Expert Member
Did MTI show trading results over weekends, or did trading stop for calculating bonuses etc etc? If trading was only during the week, why? That suggests that the "mirror" results presented might not even have come from BTC trading at all, rather from cfd/futures demo trading. (During the session where JS showed FSCA the trading, didn't Topham say that the demonstration looked like cfd trading?)

I am losing track of specific points made on this thread and don't feel like trawling through to check, but perhaps someone with better memory or more energy can confirm that even the imaginary trading at least was of bitcoin trading.

Snyper564

Executive Member
Did MTI show trading results over weekends, or did trading stop for calculating bonuses etc etc? If trading was only during the week, why? That suggests that the "mirror" results presented might not even have come from BTC trading at all, rather from cfd/futures demo trading. (During the session where JS showed FSCA the trading, didn't Topham say that the demonstration looked like cfd trading?)

I am losing track of specific points made on this thread and don't feel like trawling through to check, but perhaps someone with better memory or more energy can confirm that even the imaginary trading at least was of bitcoin trading.
Trading only during the week.

This is a legit thing even if it was btc.

Weekend volumes are weird with most crypto so many traders don't trade the weekends.

Wary GOM

Expert Member
Trading only during the week.

This is a legit thing even if it was btc.

Weekend volumes are weird with most crypto so many traders don't trade the weekends.
Sure it is quite legit and a sensible strategy for us mortals. But remember we are talking Uberbot here. Only made one losing trade in more than a year. But then if the "trades" were partially fabricated as Madoff's were, perhaps the back-office staff could not keep at it 24/7.