Mirror (non)Trading International 3 - Freemasons,Russians,and no bitcoins

Wary GOM

Expert Member
On the question of whether the self-styled Directors on paper or not is probably settled on two grounds. First they are named Directors by MTI in public materials and second that they functioned as Directors in managing the operation and in dealings with investors. [Never to be forgotten Monica's brave defense of MTI when it's legality was questioned - FAAAAKE!]

expedite

You're not taking into consideration that the shareholders are beneficiaries of an illegal enterprise.
I been thinking a bit about this. It is relevant if the shareholders have received a dividend. If they haven't then its not really the case.

The directors are the managers acting on behalf of the shareholders (that the shareholders are also directors is a coincidence) and they are the ones that have managed it in an illegal manner.

quovadis

Executive Member
I been thinking a bit about this. It is relevant if the shareholders have received a dividend. If they haven't then its not really the case.

The directors are the managers acting on behalf of the shareholders (that the shareholders are also directors is a coincidence) and they are the ones that have managed it in an illegal manner.
There is case law regarding a shareholder being held liable as a result of a court determining the shareholder to have acquiesced in reckless trading and I know SARS do see every person including shareholders as fair game for tax liability purposes so anything could be possible. Piercing the corporate veil per se isn't something that has never happened...

Snyper564

Honorary Master
There is case law regarding a shareholder being held liable as a result of a court determining the shareholder to have acquiesced in reckless trading and I know SARS do see every person including shareholders as fair game for tax liability purposes so anything could be possible. Piercing the corporate veil per se isn't something that has never happened...
All of them are in for one hell of a time with sars.

Sars doesn't care about the source of the income so everything legit or not is taxable.

Wary GOM

Expert Member
All of them are in for one hell of a time with sars.

Sars doesn't care about the source of the income so everything legit or not is taxable.
SARS also seems to operate on someone being Guilty until they can prove otherwise.

Wary GOM

Expert Member
MTI re-named itself an investment club and in one of her rants, Cheri likened it to a stokvel. From what I can find with a rather superficial search, members of an investment club are all shareholders. The proportion of their holdings can be simply determined by the proportion of the total they have invested. So perhaps however the lawyers argue the nature of MTI, it seems that members (and especially those with the biggest investments, including re-investment) will be liable. [However, the examples described all have from 10 - 20 members, so perhaps the leaders will still only really have SARS to worry about.].

Last edited:

JabiRider

Another big day today. Apparently the lawyers of the groups oppozing the ponzi declaration will put forth their arguments in court today.

If anybody gets some info, please post asap.

Getaquid had a webinar last wednesday about this. Did anybody tune in? I am on the naughty list, so they cancel my registrations soon after making it. Not that I even tried to register last week.

Wary GOM

Expert Member
Another big day today. Apparently the lawyers of the groups oppozing the ponzi declaration will put forth their arguments in court today.

If anybody gets some info, please post asap.

Getaquid had a webinar last wednesday about this. Did anybody tune in? I am on the naughty list, so they cancel my registrations soon after making it. Not that I even tried to register last week.
Wasn't that supposed to be on 19th?

JabiRider

Some information on what happened on 29 April in court. I have only listened to the first 5 minutes of the video. I will watch some more later today.

now05ster

Expert Member

Some information on what happened on 29 April in court. I have only listened to the first 5 minutes of the video. I will watch some more later today.
Will give it a listen now.

EDIT: I hope there is no crying...

I also hope that adv van Staden does not dox anyone else. We are all aware of his legendary detective abilities...

Last edited:

JabiRider

Wait! Wait! Wait!

@ 31:52 Chris Piel says: "...right now the liquidators are going out with subpoenas and, and, and, and going after all the nett-winners and, and the major, the major net-gainers, who, who, who fraudulantly defrauded people out of their funds..."

But Chris, didn't you say MTI was legit?

JabiRider

Almost half of every webinar is used to explain to people how to use this "COGS" system, because it seems people are struggling with the most basic things like uploading a document or remembering a password...but before MTI imploded, all MTI investors I interacted with were crypto and blockchain experts...almost sounds like the whole "Clynton successfully traded crypto long before MTI", but also, "we all know Clynton cannot even do an EFT" thing...

Last edited:

Venator

Expert Member
Wait! Wait! Wait!

@ 31:52 Chris Piel says: "...right now the liquidators are going out with subpoenas and, and, and, and going after all the nett-winners and, and the major, the major net-gainers, who, who, who fraudulantly defrauded people out of their funds..."

But Chris, didn't you say MTI was legit?

Still blows my mind how fully grown adults could listen to Mr Piel this long and not realise what a cognitively ill-equipped moron he is.

JabiRider

According to the article Clynton Marks "invested" about 22 Bitcoin and cashed out about 219 Bitcoin. Good lord! That is a 1000% ROI. Warren Buffet se moer!

And if you bear in mind that the 22 Bitcoin he "invested" belonged to BTC Global victims...

Ladies and Gents, Clynton Marks is a financial genius! Who would have known. Looks and sounds like a special needs kid, but increases his wealth at a rate that Elon Musk never even could...

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
According to the article Clynton Marks "invested" about 22 Bitcoin and cashed out about 219 Bitcoin. Good lord! That is a 1000% ROI. Warren Buffet se moer!

And if you bear in mind that the 22 Bitcoin he "invested" belonged to BTC Global victims...

Ladies and Gents, Clynton Marks is a financial genius! Who would have known. Looks and sounds like a special needs kid, but increases his wealth at a rate that Elon Musk never even could...
Willing to bet that 22 includes some withdrawn later,he probably only bankrolled a 10th of that