Mirror Trading International

balrog

Dang, you are all such hater little wilting pansies - I have taken a very small amount of BTC and dunked it into MTI. It is small enough that I am prepared to lose it. I am curious to see what happens. And no, I will not spam any referral links here - I am not a fan of referral links myself.

My philosophy in dealing with Crypto investments: Never invest more than what you are prepared to lose. I have done this since 2016 and have had great success, and only have gains to show. Yes, I have lost BTC on some ICO's/projects/Investments, but the winners more than made up for the losses.

Crypto is a high risk, high reward toy to play with.

My first week last week with MTI went very well - seen some nice growth and nobody has stolen my BTC yet - will just withdraw regularly. Aim is to withdraw my initial investment over the coming months and then just let the free money ride. If they steal it - meh, don't care. If I grow my little stash - awesome.

Stop being scared all the time and try stuff out - but ONLY with funds you CAN afford to lose. Manage your risk. And if the risk seems too high to you, then just get something else to keep you busy with, in stead of just shooting stuff down you have not yet tried yourself.

Cheers Mateys! :)

Last edited:

Snyper564

Executive Member
Dang, you are all such hater little wilting pansies - I have taken a very small amount of BTC and dunked it into MTI. It is small enough that I am prepared to lose it. I am curious to see what happens. And no, I will not spam any referral links here - I am not a fan of referral links myself.

My philosophy in dealing with Crypto investments: Never invest more than what you are prepared to lose. I have done this since 2016 and have had great success, and only have gains to show. Yes, I have lost BTC on some ICO's/projects/Investments, but the winners more than made up for the losses.

Crypto is a high risk, high reward toy to play with.

My first week last week with MTI went very well - seen some nice growth and nobody has stolen my BTC yet - will just withdraw regularly. Aim is to withdraw my initial investment over the coming months and then just let the free money ride. If they steal it - meh, don't care. If I grow my little stash - awesome.

Stop being scared all the time and try stuff out - but ONLY with funds you CAN afford to lose. Manage your risk. And if the risk seems too high to you, then just get something else to keep you busy with, in stead of just shooting stuff down you have not yet tried yourself.

Cheers Mateys! :)
this is such a bad attitude to have and why scams work, its ok if I lose r500 its just to good to be true but thats ok X10000 people

ld13

Honorary Master
/me locks and loads

I shoot it down, not because I have not tried it myself, not because I am not willing to accept the risk, but because this 'opportunity' has all the hallmarks of a scam - a pyramid shaped one noggal.

Would investing in this, not be akin to 'stealing' from other idiots that joins in after you?

PsyWulf

Executive Member
/me locks and loads

I shoot it down, not because I have not tried it myself, not because I am not willing to accept the risk, but because this 'opportunity' has all the hallmarks of a scam - a pyramid shaped one noggal.

Would investing in this, not be akin to 'stealing' from other idiots that joins in after you?
Indeed
I'd more than likely make bank by pumping and dumping before the inevitable storm hits - but frankly i'm not a douchebag,I know exactly who that money comes from. And I prefer not to step on the backs of those people

ComeOnMaan

Something is only a scam if an exit leaves people out of pocket.
Also, don't hate on me for poor grammar or spelling. That proves nothing.
Sorry that I've had to split this post over two entries but there's a 10 000 character limit.

2010 – DEVOTEDINVESTMENTS.COM:

some1.png
(
https://www.hothyips.com/details/Devoted+Investments.8555.html)

This was a HYIP. Check who owned/ran it.

A punter's history with this hyip: https://carigold.com/forum/threads/devoted-investments-com-devotedinvestments-com.128005/page-2

2015/16 - KIPI:

Kipi (MyDeposit241.co.za) scammed a lot of people out of money and hid behind a questionable/just plausible but impossible to prove exit scam.

I’ve come across some MTI shills that have here mentioned that Johann owned up to being involved with that scheme. Ok, and you’re ok with that?

Kipi had a triangle-shaped business model. People on the bottom’s money paid the people on top. No question that it was a scam.

Johann Steynberg’s name and cell number are all over the domain ownership
(Source: https://website.informer.com/Johann+Steynberg.html)

You even find his cell number in the manuals of Kipi.

some2.png
(https://issuu.com/dreamer2/docs/my_kipi_pdf)

2017/18 - incomebuilderportal.com/BTCpromining.com:

I came across a newsletter (linked below) and the Johannname hit me like a ton of bricks. A friend got me to attend a conference once to sell me a product which turned out to be Dragon Mining.

Sure enough, I found communications between my friend and Johann Steynberg talking up this wonderful system of Dragon Mining.

Here’s how Dragon Mining worked:

You spend $500 worth of BTC (at the time $2000 a coin, so 0.25 BTC)

They start “giving you mining profits each day” forcing you to re-invest in more hash rate.

Over time you are blown away because between early 2017 and December 2017 you’ve turned your $500 into $2 200.00 and by now your “Mining hash rate” isn’t powerful enough to be paying you more than a few cents each day… but it doesn’t matter. You’ve made a killing.
OMG, this is such a brilliant system.

Hold on there guy, lets do some maths…
While on this cloud mining gig, they’ve paid me out $2 200.00 – that’s a win?
(Lol, after the INSANE "withdrawal fees" its more like $1 300.00 but ja)

Nope, they’ve paid you out 0.11 BTC (before their inflated withdrawal fees)
Ja, it’s worth $2 200.00 – that’s a win?

Uh huh, but you originally put in 0.25 BTC and now you only have 0.11 BTC
Oh, wait a moment… I see what they did there

So what you’re saying is… if I just kept my BTC I’d actually have more money.
Yup. Bingo. You'd have 0.25 BTC (worth $5 000) instead of the 0.11BTC (worth $2 200 - BEFORE WITHDRAWAL FEES KLAP YOU) you now have.

Now I’m not saying that Johann Steynberg was behind Dragon Mining / Galaxy Mining (because I don't think he was) but he certainly did shill it. Perhaps he didn’t realise it was a scam. Fair enough. It would be speculating to say he knew it was a scam while he was selling it.

So what else did Income Builder Portal get up to as a business?
They sold automated forex trading bots. They’d set it up for you and you’d pay them a subscription fee for it.

This isn't a scam. It's an honest service. Calling it a scam at this point would really be speculating dangerously… but all of this is painting a picture of where MTI got it's ideas... "the build up" if you will.

Sources for the above opinion: http://incomebuilderportal.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/IBP-NEWS-13-28-March-2017.pdf and http://btcpromining.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/BMP-OVERVIEW-BROCHURE-2017-.pdf

SOME OTHER NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENTS:
  • JNX Online (Pty) LTD
    An online marketing company
    or an IT consultancy company
    or a company that made IncomeBuilderPortal.com and BTCpromining.com

• FX MAM
    No idea, but obviously involved in Forex and Multi Account Management

• EkonomX
    No idea, it seemed to exist for a little while. No idea what it did.

• WealthyMiner
    Supposedly a pseudo-identity used to write articles about X, Y or Z coin to make it more popular and give reasons to buy into it. For whatever reason. I don't know? Not saying any more... it would be speculation.

• OnlineBusinessCoach.co
    We all need those and this guy has proven to be AMAZING at marketing. Especially with MLM's but even non-MLM's... he has gotten around so he's good at online business and probably should be a coach.

• GetSuperRich.com
    Coz we all gotta have those gainz, bro!!!

• BitcoinMine.co.za
    (still going - a “bitcoin news site” which appears to be used to “PROVE” certain trades that people might be pushing on you are legit. When you control the news you control the people)
There seems to be a niche opportunity formulating here.
Is that thing that's formulating a scam? Dunno. That would be speculating. We aught not do that.

HOW DO I KNOW THIS IS ALL THE SAME JOHANN?

The cell number he used in from 2010 all the way through until today… (listed on various sources I’ve named above) is the same cell number he’s using today.

Then I hear you shills say, “ja, coz if he’s legit then obviously he’ll keep using the same cell number”

It’s a bit different in South Africa. Scam artists go on unpunished so they don’t need to hide in the shadows or flutter off to an Island somewhere. BTC Global did, but MTI certainly wont need to. SA doesn't seem to publish scammers.

LET’S UNPACK MTI THEN:

These days every man and his dog seems to be trying to sell me on MTI. This week alone I’ve had various friends/family/colleagues come to me to try and shill this crap onto me. (I believe it's crap. My own opinion)

Here’s the thing… they do not know any better. They were confused the second their upliner said, “I’m here to sell you a robot that will take your money (but only in Crypto… you have to buy and give me crypto) and it will trade your money for you on the Forex market”

“they be like… oh, Crypto… and Forex… people make money with dat… sign me up”
"that one oke paid like seven kajillion rands worth of bitcoin for two pizzas and stuff"

I started brushing these people off but eventually I sat in on one of the presentations.
Now, I don’t know if you’ve ever been HERBALIFE'D or TIME-SHARE-SHILLED? It’s always the same.

An up-liner (probably the one that signed you up) has to sit in on the first few times you sell to someone. They need to make sure you’ve started eating, breathing, sleeping and SH-oops-ITing this company. You’re living proof that “it works”

They’ve got answers for everything.
Here’s a few of them:

1. Show me your bank statement or public wallet proving that you've made money from this thing?

You'll get one of three answers:

(A) I don't need to prove anything to you!
    To which I say, I don't need to buy anything from you then. Cheers.

(B) I haven't withdrawn my money coz I'm re-investing it every day to make more mad gainz, BRO!!!
    To which I say, then how do you know that you can even get all your money out?

Oh ja, and tell me about that minimum balance you need to keep in the system so you qualify for binary compensation. Why is that? If you're signing people up like a mad thing and your left and right legs (of the triangle) are growing like a mad thing... why wouldn't they let you withdraw ALL of your money? (they let Crypto Nick do it on Bitconnect coz then there was more proof that "the system works and is legit - I'll move on swiftly... let's not dwell on difficult to answer question)

Could it be because your downliners are paying you out and your initial investment went to pay tens of people above you? So that money doesn't exist any more? Could it even SLIGHTLY be the reason they want to push you as hard as they can to keep X amount locked away untouched?

As a side note: They do have the money to pay you (an individual) out all of his money even if you'll then not get binary compensation but I guarantee you... if every member "rushed the MTI bank" this thing would collapse. Which it shouldnt right? Coz it's not a bank and it's not doing anything untoward right?

So lets actually use this idea to prove that MTI is 100% legit. Let's ask them to ask all of their members to all withdraw even last satoshi out of the system and hold it just for two days. Lets see if every member gets their full amount of BTC out. If they can then this thing is real.

(C) eeeeerrrrrrrrrrr, +Side step this question+
    "Nice weather we're having today"

--- END OF PART ONE---

ComeOnMaan

--- CONTINUED BELOW ---
  1. (put this here so my numbers continued logically from the above post. LOL)
  2. Ja but Bitconnect?

No, that stuff was unsustainable from the beginning. BRILLIANT business model but their profit share model was just not right and that’s what MTI has done… we’ve gotten it right where Bitconnect couldn’t.

Um, ok, not the BEST answer but plausible enough.
  3. Ja but Johann was involved in Kipi?

He’s already owned up to his very small involvement in Kipi and for that we trust him so very very much. In fact, think about it… this is a guy who was scammed along with all the Kipi people and he didn’t even know it was a scam and he owned up to his involvement. Wow, you should love him too. Wanna kiss his feet? We can arrange that for only 0.02 BTC. You’ll get free membership to MTI with that too.

“LOL… are you for real? Firstly, his involvement was not “very small” – he was clearly THE guy behind it in SA (perhaps the SA Franchisee if you will)”

The presenter promptly side steps the continued questioning and tries to tell you about the benefits of MTI again.
  4. Ja, but how does this bot manage to trade positively EVERY DAY?

Oi oi oi oi oi, we’re contractually not allowed to say that the bot trades positively every day and that you'll make money off of MTI. It’s against MTI terms and conditions.

“Ok guy, but you just showed me video testimonies of other users and they just took us through their statements and none of them showed negative trades (i.e. loss) EVER“
    (to be clear, they do show the bot losing in trades on that day but the day ALWAYS ends up with the bot winning over all)

No, I do not remember that.

“It happened like 2 minutes ago… ok… you know what… whatever Trump”
  5. You realise it’s not possible to trade positively every single day on the forex market right?
    Even professional traders don’t get it right all the time. In fact, when they win big they win big, when the lose they lose big and it averages out a win, loss or break even in a given time period.

Ja, but this bot trades with no emotion and just trades with cold hard fact.

“uh huh… here’s a scenario for you my guy:

Banana’s are the new gold. If you own a banana, you’re, like, set for life. They are so incredibly difficult to come by but you and a bot have managed to find a dealer who is selling some.

You and a bot sit across the table from the dealer who asks you guys to bid on the banana he has to sell.

It’s neck on neck, you’re both bidding like crazy mofos…

Dealer suddenly pukes on the banana. You, the human, stops bidding…

Bot wins (and would have bid higher even)

The above is a k4k analogy but it proves that bots do not have the ability to consume news and use that information in their trades whereas humans can/do.

Does the bot know and understand that Steynbekistan has just declared war on Bergfonteinia and that the US is allied with Steynbekistan so it would be a terrible trade to catch the falling knife that is Bergfonteinia's currency for a swing trade?

You might tell me that the AI in Johann Steynberg’s bot is just THAT good that it can consume news and make sense of it… well, you know what? Johann is better off selling his AI to Google so she stops telling me jokes when I ask for the time. He’d make a killing.

Shill goes: “ehhhhhhhhhhhh”
They say it’s not a pyramid scheme but then they go on to explain this triangular-shaped binary compensation plan.

I can’t anymore… what’s the point in arguing with these shills? They’ve bought in and they want to believe it’s NOT a scam so there will literally be NO talking them off the ledge.

But here’s the thing shills… there's some things to read above. That potentially make you question what you've gotten in to. You’ve been told by others to see the light man, just see the light. So now if you go out and shill this crap and the exit scam happens and people lose their money then YOU are just as guilty as Mr Steynberg.

If you want to take a risk on a scam, do it but don’t drag others down with you. Take the risk of either being in early so you can get your money out OR being in late where you’ll lose.

YES, some people will make money but the majority of them will lose.
YES, YOU (and you and you and you) will be able to withdraw every cent you've made.
Until you can't anymore.

That’s how a Ponzi/Pyramid scheme works anyway, guys.
Whether this is a ponzi or not... who REALLY knows?

This thing has all the makings of a ponzi though in my own opinion:
  • You must keep X amount of money in to qualify for sick gainz bro – CHECK
  • You must ref at least X amount of people to start qualifying for something – CHECK
  • Owned and run by a known scam artist – CHECK
  • The “binary compensation plan” is pyramid shaped – CHECK
  • The system never loses and only makes gains – CHECK (don’t believe me, go look at some youtubers who are sharing their profit statements from the back office)
SO, HOW COULD THE EXIT LOOK:

This is what COULD happen:
  • The system will be hacked – and all funds stolen from the hot wallet
    Problem is that this is the most dangerous type of exit. I'll explain so that any scammers that are listening definitely don't exit their scam this way...

If your "hot wallets get hacked" those funds will be tracked quicker than you can say, BITCONNECT!!!!!
    The crypto world will have them tracked and will inform every exchange in the world to watch out for those funds. They'll be useless to you until you can find somebody to wash them for you and as of late, it's become more and more difficult to wash coin. Especially main chain stuff like the top 10.

So the scammers will usually opt for siphoning off the top from day 1 so that when they do exit... there's no smoking gun.

• The “bot will malfunction” and it would have gone and traded the money into the ground to the point that "we’re only able to compensate people 25c per $1 invested"

This is the "he's a good guy and we didn't lose everything" plan.
    Coz he didn't malfunction. The scheme didnt malfunction. The bot did.

BUT... hey guys, we're still able to give you back 25c to the dollar. That's fair right?
    Ja, where's the rest guy?

Oh sorry, we can't prove that these poor trades happened when the bot malfunctioned coz our system is closed loop so that people can't figure out the algorithm and mirror trade what our bot is doing to make mad gainz bro. Contractually, our provider won't allow us to prove this to you. Take our word for it. We promise lots and lots. Cool?

• They’ll just disappear (not in these guys' typical style though… but every scammer has "their one big scam" they pull before they disappear)

SUMMARY NOTES:

One takes a HUGE risk in publishing something like this. Not because Johann and Co will retaliate coz quite honestly, if they had to stop and consider the negativity that is then published by the likes of the good people on this very forum post, they'd quickly realise it's not worth the risk. Sometimes all publicity is not good publicity.

No, the risk you run is that behind closed doors Johann and Co start crafting clever (just plausible enough) answers to all of the stuff I've shared above.

Hell… he’s got the power to go and turn off incomebuilderportal.com and btcpromining.com and to remove the majority of the stuff that I’ve linked above thus removing the proof of the majority of what I have to say against him. If only there was a way that someone could get a trusted third party to save the information indefinitely. That would be WAY cool. WAY amazing. WAYmazing if you will. Hey, we could call it the WAY Back Machine.

In closing let me say, the above is my own personal opinion (which I am not asking or promoting for anybody to adopt - make your own damn mind up) based off of information I've linked to, which is in the public domain. I am entitled to my own opinion. I'm also entitled to comment on information in the public domain. At least that's what I believe.

If I'm wrong, do the right thing. Comment officially and in your personal capacity (Johann) on everything shown above. Through open and honest communication comes trust and loyalty. Opinions are changed and everybody becomes happier knowing the truth.

I leave you with this... the majority of people WILL lose in triangular shaped, multi level based, marketing companies and the minority that does profit has done so off of the pains of others.

John Tempus

Expert Member

Great write up.

I would suggest you edit your post with links to waybackmachine to the same pages you found all his details. That way if he modifies the real pages and anyone come across your post they can at least always see the original details.

Perhaps even link to both, the current live site and the waybackmachine page so that when he does modify details it will be clearcut for anyone reading this post.

Snyper564

Executive Member
@balrog anything to add or dont you care really?

cheekibreeki

Saw this thread and felt the need to give my take as well for those who care.

For some background, I trade currency for a living, and have been doing so for 4 years now. Recently, a relative approached me with MTI and asked me for my take on it. I am a major skeptic when it comes to MLM's and even more so FX Robot trading scheme's, but I still took some time to look this over in detail. My relative sent me all the info she received from her introducer. After going through it, I gave the advice to "run away and never return" in classic Lion King fashion. Here are the main arguments that had me calling bs on the whole thing.

Returning 1% daily on a consistent basis is not possible, in my opinion. The FX market is extremely dynamic and constantly changing in theme, which makes it incredibly hard to maintain consistent results with one strategy, especially in times of high volatility as we're experiencing now. But let's say that they really are returning 1% daily in FX, with no drawdowns in over 200 trading days, even then, why tf would you go the MLM route and ask for a minimum of $100 in individual investments? The obvious route would be to register as a financial service provider with the FSCA and apply for a hedge fund (CAT IIA) license. This will allow you to attract funds from major institutional investors, and if your trading track record really is as amazing as you claim it to be, you will be managing R1b in no time. With the standard 20% performance fee, you will be making serious cash, without the hassle of an MLM or the need to attract the average Joe via sub-standard PowerPoint presentations etc.

I really don't get the BTC part of it all. On the one hand they have an algorithm that prints money on a super consistent basis, and on the other hand they use BTC's value proposition as a reason to "invest" with them. Clearly a volatile asset like BTC holds no ground against an algo that makes 1% a day, wrt capital allocation. The only reason I can think of as to why you need to "invest" via BTC is to delay/confuse the regulatory bodies. Or worst case, to make it all go "poof" after someone "hacks" their servers or something. Or both I guess.

Lastly, I feel it goes against human nature to feel the need to share such an amazing money-maker with the public. Except if this Johan guy is some kind of saint, which according to his history, he clearly isn't. With returns like these you'll be one of the richest people in SA in no time. But again, it's just my opinion.

Unfortunately this relative went against my advice and has pulled several others in with her, and that's what I hate most about scheme's like these. Not only does it cost you money, but it can destroy friendships. It's a bad thing.

Cheers

Last edited:
It would be good to do a little research before stating baseless claims. It's a privately registered business here in South Africa, it has customers and some of them have made money. It is an "investment" opportunity just not a very good one in my books.
Really! This is not an investment, it is rather an extremely risky pyramid scheme. Its all written in thier disclaimer. If anyone needs to conduct some research here it is you. Here is some part of the disclaimer of this scam: "...Per the MTI Terms and Conditions and per the MTI General Policies and per the MTI Advice Disclaimer, *MTI does not guarantee or warrant any returns or specific growth, rates or outcomes*. MTI members and proxy *members utilise the services of MTI and any related services entirely at their own risk*, without any liability to MTI..."

It would be good to do a little research before stating baseless claims. It's a privately registered business here in South Africa, it has customers and some of them have made money. It is an "investment" opportunity just not a very good one in my books.
Hello Everyone

I am curious if you are any one has heard of the company Mirror Trading International ?
Their website: https://mymticlub.com/

Some how this seems like an official legitimate business. Registered with CIPC as well there are videos on youtube supposedly interviewing their CEO. A social media post or two and an article by Rich Simmonds... seems to be a real trace..

Curious if any one else has come across this business or opportunity, maybe have a bit of further insight into this being a real opportunity ?
If so why has it not gone mad across the country ? Any further thoughts would be hugely appreciated.

Sincerely.
Part of their disclaimer reads. "..Per the MTI Terms and Conditions and per the MTI General Policies and per the MTI Advice Disclaimer, *MTI does not guarantee or warrant any returns or specific growth, rates or outcomes*. MTI members and proxy *members utilise the services of MTI and any related services entirely at their own risk*, without any liability to MTI...". Becareful!!!

IndigoIdentity

Moer, Johan really has wracked up many years of experience hiding behind terms and pulling scams on people hasn’t he... It’s mad that you still get people coming out the woodwork saying that he’s such a good fellow, how could he ever have any bad intents with such a heart of gold?

I wonder when he will dump this batch of clowns and move to his penthouse in Dubai :)

IndigoIdentity

Really! This is not an investment, it is rather an extremely risky pyramid scheme. Its all written in thier disclaimer. If anyone needs to conduct some research here it is you. Here is some part of the disclaimer of this scam: "...Per the MTI Terms and Conditions and per the MTI General Policies and per the MTI Advice Disclaimer, *MTI does not guarantee or warrant any returns or specific growth, rates or outcomes*. MTI members and proxy *members utilise the services of MTI and any related services entirely at their own risk*, without any liability to MTI..."
An “investment” is not an investment, it’s more of a case where your investment devalues down to 0.

Speedster

Executive Member
Mirror Trading International is a great opportunity. I've been an investor since January 2020 with steady healthy returns earned monthly. I've given my response on MTI here -<spam link>
I've lost track of how many one post wonders post such glowing reviews of MTI here.

Last edited:

ld13

Honorary Master
Mirror Trading International is a great opportunity. I've been an investor since January 2020 with steady healthy returns earned monthly. I've given my response on MTI here :
Imagine if all of us never actually contributed anything in our posts on here, but instead simply posted a link to our own Blog/website, where we have ""given our response" (you are lying about that by the way - I see no 'response' in the link you posted).

RAS - @mods, note I killed the spammers' link in his post. I'd appreciate it if you do not delete my post ;-)

Bismuth

Expert Member
I have read through all 12 pages of this thread after I ventured onto FB for the first time in awhile, and an ad for MTI popped up on my news feed.

MTI is your classic pyramid scheme, the top few will make a killing off of, well, the rest. Also, as has been asked in this thread, why on earth would you need to canvass people to invest if your returns were really this good? Go the legit route if you like, (FASC registration and establish a Hedge Fund), and keep your profits for yourself. I certainly would if I figured out how to print money like this, not try to sell it to others.

While I've dabbled in BTC and FX, it is indeed a volatile market and not for the faint-hearted. If I figured out how to make consistent returns with no drawdowns like MTI claim, there is no way in hell that I would want to involve anyone else and share the spoils.

Snyper564

Executive Member
I have read through all 12 pages of this thread after I ventured onto FB for the first time in awhile, and an ad for MTI popped up on my news feed.

MTI is your classic pyramid scheme, the top few will make a killing off of, well, the rest. Also, as has been asked in this thread, why on earth would you need to canvass people to invest if your returns were really this good? Go the legit route if you like, (FASC registration and establish a Hedge Fund), and keep your profits for yourself. I certainly would if I figured out how to print money like this, not try to sell it to others.

While I've dabbled in BTC and FX, it is indeed a volatile market and not for the faint-hearted. If I figured out how to make consistent returns with no drawdowns like MTI claim, there is no way in hell that I would want to involve anyone else and share the spoils.
this is well put, if I had what they had wouldnt share it with anyone especially not 33rd person on left downline :p