Miss SA hopeful Bianca Schoombee withdraws her entry after racist and crude tweets surface

dj2381

Expert Member
All she's done is post stupid quotes/sayings off the interwebs, like a dumb 14 year old?, unfortunately she lives in a country that thrives off racism.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
What is the spirit of the competition though?

I thought it was to objectify pretty women... not to be a character judgement on their 14yr old selves.
Good point.

What I'm saying though is that Miss SA is a public relations position, she shot herself in the foot. It isn't fair, totally agree.

Prim0

Oh the n word.
I still have to meet the person in our country offended by the word
If you don't want woke teenagers to use it stop singing and dancing about it.
Is it even considered an offensive or racist word in SA. I understand it's historical significance in the USA but really South Africans are offended by the word as well now?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Good point.

What I'm saying though is that Miss SA is a public relations position, she shot herself in the foot. It isn't fair, totally agree.
I get that in a way...

But it is largely about objectifying women and then the PR position to follow.

Everyone has skeletons, and 14yr olds have stupid skeletons that just happen to be in the public domain largely these days.
Its not about fair or not, its about being realistic of what is expected from the position.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
I reckon these things shouldnt automatically make you have to drop out , no on the contrary if you run for something like this and you have a scandal , the judges should be allowed to ask that as your question .
Imagine the fun watching people squirm on stage , anyhow the adoption of rap culture knows no race and as such people will tend to act out the kind of culture they belong to.

Grant

Honorary Master
Screen shot 2020-05-21 at 5.41.47 PM.png

so im curious about lola - daddilola
interesting name - lolita anyone ?

but there must be something else going on for daddilola to go searching for dirt

abzo

Honorary Master
It’s better she dropped out now, she wouldn’t have gotten very far anyway.

RandomGeek

The Internet never forgets! But she was what ?14? when she wrote that. 14 year olds don't think about the future further than lunch time.

If I had twitter back in the day when I was young and dumb I may have been in ****...

noxibox

Honorary Master
Teenagers should have a burned account. Use it and throw it away.

Her tweets were never going to go over in a Miss SA pageant. Even the ones that could not be construed as racism were cruel in nature and would definitely be considered anathema to the spirit of the competition.
Yes, I understand that it goes against the so obviously fake spirit of the competition. I mean we could see how fake it all was when we were teenagers.

Are you telling me you'd be fine if you found out these chicks have been lying in the Q&A section?
I've always assumed it was all an act. Their ridiculous answers always came across as carefully crafted. I mean not one ever expressed any kind of opinion that was not right in line with whatever was the right thing to say. In fact I distinctly recall cases of winners of such competitions who pretended to be all sweet and wanting to make sure the homeless had better quality boxes and all that turning out to be unpleasant individuals.

Gangstas can say it, but you can’t be gangsta with a name like Schoombee. She should switch to Skhoombi.
What if she thinks she's black?

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
2020-05-21 18_15_39-Botometer® by OSoMe.png

Bot identifier rates many of her followers with high scores. I wonder how much of this is astroturfed.