Miss SA hopeful Bianca Schoombee withdraws her entry after racist and crude tweets surface

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
The type of people that take part in these pageants is bonkers. Nothing would surprise me with nutters.
Top retweeters for the #biancamustfall twitter trends score high on the bot identifier I use.

2020-05-21 19_28_35-Botometer® by OSoMe.png

The tweet to reply ratio is really flat as well, kinda highlights the topic being spammed. Normal trends have much higher reply ratio.

2020-05-21 19_29_12-Copy of Copy of TAGS v6.1.9.1 - Google Sheets.png

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
The year is 2024. Far-right candidate Michelle Obama runs for president in America, loses catastrophically to centrist candidate Artificial General Intelligence I.N.T.E.R.S.E.C.T.I.O.N.A.L.I.T.Y. Toddlers rebel against their tide pod-eating parents by putting dirt in their mouths and playing in sandboxes. Riots break out across Europe after Eurovision is banned for being too Euro-centric and not simply because it is awful. Elon Musk releases a video of himself naked, painted blue, and giving the Dr. Manhattan speech while doing acid on Mars - YouTube v7k3423471 takes the video down within minutes, but braces for trillions in federal penalties and liquidation as reports indicate at least one person burst into tears. YouTube v7k3423472 devs are released from their cryosleep and begin preparations. South Africa is still in lockdown. WWIII begins with 7 nations launching defensive nukes as the full might of advances in data mining discovers that someone wrote "i piss an fart on myself 1 tim" in 2011 in a facebook group dedicated to peruvian cycle tours.
I dumaand a year 40k (warhammer themed) version :mad:

eehellfire

Honorary Master
A 14 year old dropped the N-word? What if she was a gangsta teen? Did she write it ending with a “ger” or a “ga”?
"Ga".
And her tweets are perhaps in bad taste by 2020 standards, but not really for 2014 and definitely not racist

newjourno

She really should have been wizer and deleted the Tweets. I know of other people who applied for/got high profile positions and were smart enough to remove their drinking pics from social media.

santaman202

What is the spirit of the competition though?

I thought it was to objectify pretty women... not to be a character judgement on their 14yr old selves.
True..Wonder why Tunzi won then. She lacked more than the aforementioned quality..

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
If blackface isn't ok, even for satire, why is blondehair tolerated?

Equality in everything except maybe appropriation claims?
Because you do get blonde blacks but not black whites.

access

Honorary Master
If blackface isn't ok, even for satire, why is blondehair tolerated?

Equality in everything except maybe appropriation claims?
haha i had the exact same thought

Because you do get blonde blacks but not black whites.
yeah the all natural long straight blond hair lol.

also depends how much time is spent in sun. :D