Miss SA hopeful Bianca Schoombee withdraws her entry after racist and crude tweets surface

Flanders

Honorary Master
Racism is not slavery. And who decided 300 years is the cut-off point for historical context? My ancestors were oppressed by the British barely a generation ago, or is it only cross-racial oppression that qualify for historic context?

Thing is you claim victimhood due to oppression of all blacks during all ages in all circumstance, then you dare accuse me of trying to play the victim, seriously?
Historical context is very important, mmkay? But only the parts of history that tick all of my SJW virtue signalling boxes. Otherwise completely irrelevant.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
the boneable ones rarely win, not to be confused with beauty or personality, if you look at only one metric: would I?

by that metric this 'tard would measure quite high and hence the trend is against her, the only winner in living memory that could overcome that trend was Cindy Nel (imho ofc)
She was also bland and ordinary. She was no different from Melinda Bam. I don't think we've seen a "hot" Miss ZA in recent times.

access

Honorary Master
I didn't know blondes had centuries old history of oppression, slavery, lynching and racist minstrel shows. TIL.
It's easy to to make comparisons when ignoring historical context, it helps you feel like the victim you so want to be. I get it. Sorry you didn't find that funny...
you missed the point by a universe

also, painting your face dark today is not the same as its historical context is it

nobody is painting their face dark to portray a person of colour because persons of colour are not allowed to represent themselves. to call it an outrage is ignoring historical context and claiming to be a victim of a fantasized oppression, because in reality that does not exit anymore.

btw, people coloured their faces for various appearances, not just for black africans. for example ive not seen any indian or american native people cry so much about face colouring as i have among a lot black africans(maybe thats because of my location currently, but i am decently traveled, so no). trying extra hard to claim that victim card for themselves.

ignoring intent, context , relevance and demeanor to say the least

toxic opportunism, that and this twitter nonsense.

keep crying about the past, its going to get you places...

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
From what I've noticed, non-blacks who appreciate hip-hop and black culture usually get to use it unless obviously not in a condescending context.

Chances are that it won't be received well if it is used by the typical "bugger" type who has poor knowledge of hip-hop and who listens to rock music (Blink 182, Stacey's Mom ,Steve Hofmeyr etc).
:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
:oops::oops::oops:
:oops::oops:
:oops:

WTF did I just read?

You some kinda retarded hiphop lover for making such a horrible anti-rock statement?
Blink182 barely qualifies as rock ....but wtf....Steve Hofmeyr rock????!!! Kurt Darren Rock?? Jisses boet rook jy zol of is jy net nog 'n breindood hiphop doo$kop naa1er?

/me put the asswipe on ignore list.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
you missed the point by a universe

also, painting your face dark today is not the same as its historical context is it

nobody is painting their face dark to portray a person of colour because persons of colour are not allowed to represent themselves. to call it an outrage is ignoring historical context and claiming to be a victim of a fantasized oppression, because in reality that does not exit anymore.

btw, people coloured their faces for various appearances, not just for black africans. for example ive not seen any indian or american native people cry so much about face colouring as i have among a lot black africans(maybe thats because of my location currently, but i am decently traveled, so no). trying extra hard to claim that victim card for themselves.

ignoring intent, context , relevance and demeanor to say the least

toxic opportunism, that and this twitter nonsense.

keep crying about the past, its going to get you places...
You understand how these things came be "offensive", don't you? People that get "offended" by them didn't wake up one morning and decided they're going to be pissed off at the next person that wears a black face makeup. Just saying.

access

Honorary Master
You understand how these things came be "offensive", don't you? People that get "offended" by them didn't wake up one morning and decided they're going to be pissed off at the next person that wears a black face makeup. Just saying.
yet, i know of people that do exactly that. pick an outrage of the week for their social media platforms.

that is one way of things becoming "offensive" for people.

Emjay

Executive Member
People carrying water for stupid issues like this are pathetic. They are worse than the people who are legitimately offended.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
yet, i know of people that do exactly that. pick an outrage of the week for their social media platforms.

that is one way of things becoming "offensive" for people.
Many people who experienced some kind of injustice in recent times haven't healed yet. Some have. There are things you can't say to some Jewish people or Kosovars for example.

access

Honorary Master
Many people who experienced some kind of injustice in recent times haven't healed yet. Some have. There are things you can't say to some Jewish people or Kosovars for example.
and some dont want to heal, so perpetual eggshells just in case someone is offended when reminded about the past

Sollie

Executive Member
While nobody will deny you the core reality of what you say, there is the other group that actively seeks to be offended, even if dishonestly. It's become a national sport for some with the bleeding hearts supporting them. That in itself is just as bad.

... and that is also how we got to H&M being trashed.