Mitchell's Plain Fibre

Nikkel

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
20/10 uncapped for R399 is a really awesome deal.
I've seen they have been battling with some vandalization but hopefully, those fools have realized that they can't sell fiber as they did with copper...

Nikkel

I've seen they have been battling with some vandalization but hopefully, those fools have realized that they can't sell fiber as they did with copper...
They'll most probably try to sell the fibre to hair salons in the area as brazilian hair:laugh:

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master

Last edited:

Nikkel

Green is live
Purple is fibre being laid
Yellow is coming soon

We on yellow now as they started in the area

Nikkel

To think my 20mb adsl line rental alone is R509 and going up in September...this is an absolute bargain!

Add to this R209 something landline rental plus whatever calls are made...Telkom can kiss my ass once the fibre is live

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
To think my 20mb adsl line rental alone is R509 and going up in September...this is an absolute bargain!

Add to this R209 something landline rental plus whatever calls are made...Telkom can kiss my ass once the fibre is live
Kiss our ass lol

Actually Telkom will lose so many customers in Mitchell's Plain now

Nikkel

Kiss our ass lol

Actually Telkom will lose so many customers in Mitchell's Plain now
Its peculiar that the big guys never really picked up on a study I did as part of my job whereby Mitchell's Plain, albeit a low income according to demographics, is an area that's in the 40's where age is concerned so most of the older folk who owns these houses don't owe a cent to the City of Cape Town.

There's much more expendable cash "laying around under mattresses" and if people are willing to spend R800+ per month simply to watch Man UTD or Liverpoool to play then why can't they afford ADSL or Fibre...?

Studies also proved a while back that the Promenade Mall in Mitchell's Plain is the busiest mall in SOUTHERN AFRICA! Not sure if its still the case though but go in there anytime of the day, month or year and it looks like Christmas!

Last edited:

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Its peculiar that the big guys never really picked up on a study I did as part of my job whereby Mitchell's Plain, albeit a low income are according to demographics, is an area that's in the 40's where age is concerned so most of the older folk owns these houses and don't owe a cent to the City of Cape Town.

There's much more expendable cash "laying around under mattresses" and if people are willing to spend R800+ per month simply to watch Man UTD or Liverpoool to play then why can't they afford ADSL or Fibre...?

Studies also proved a while back that the Promenade Mall in Mitchell's Plain is the busiest mall in SOUTHERN AFRICA! Not sure if its still the case though but go in there anytime of the day, month or year and it looks like Christmas!
Nice one... I hate Promenade mall just for that reason. Lol

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
I'm paying R809 for 20/5 :(Moved out of the area a few years ago but still visit at times and also hate Promenade :X3:
That mall must be making a ton of cash

Fox1

Expert Member
Nice. This is good news for other me low income areas around the country.

Vumatel have to get their groove on before 5G launches.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master

R399 for a 20meg Fibre line. I'm in... I see Telkom looking to increase fixed line tarrifs again. This is why we can't have nice things with Telkom

Fox1

Expert Member
R399 for a 20meg Fibre line. I'm in... I see Telkom looking to increase fixed line tarrifs again. This is why we can't have nice things with Telkom
Add to that how reluctant Telkom is to roll out fibre in medium income areas.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member

This is actually not a Vumatel initiative at all.
They just pointed OP to the correct company, Mitchell's Fibre.

Nikkel

This is actually not a Vumatel initiative at all.
They just pointed OP to the correct company, Mitchell's Fibre.
Ok...the guys busy in the area told me its Vumatel plus the article I linked above also pointed to them...

Go with Afrihost. I can't say they are the best, and they are definitely not the worst. The self help service they have online is epic though. Best thing. You don't have to beg tele operators to ever cancel anything. You do it yourself. They do everything through Octotel.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Ok...the guys busy in the area told me its Vumatel plus the article I linked above also pointed to them...
Ah then maybe I am mistaken.
Just assumed that since the fibre is being laid by Mitchell's Fibre and not Vumatel, they act as a separate entity.
Maybe Mitchell's Fibre was started by Vumatel?