MitchellsFibre (Vumatel)

Prim0

Im currently on a 40/20 with megamax but im paying over R1000 p/m which I dont mind for that speeds and its 1:1. I was hoping to get the same on Fibre.
Most in my road either on 20/10 or 40/20 package on wireless
Is this the guy who has his equipment installed on the Mosque? If so I think I sold a few powerbeams and RB's to him, that was years ago but I never knew his business grew to such an extent now. I think I might try and contact him and see if I have coverage for an installation. I'm currently paying R1000 to comtel for a simple 10mbps line.

Edit: Just to add to that what is the service like, do you get your full speed 24/7 and what sort of ping are you getting as well.

Last edited:

ShadleyP

Yasis now I'm sad I loaded voucher same day like you no call yet. Hope they call for next week too!
Guys the ones that got installations booked for next week is your account portal still showing 'expression of interest'? These are Afrihost accounts.

BlurryKnight

Yasis now I'm sad I loaded voucher same day like you no call yet. Hope they call for next week too!
Hopefully they call tomorrow for a slot next Thursday or Friday. Then it’s at least still sorted before the end of the work week.

Simplyliverpool81

Thanks for the tip @Nikkel.
I got in touch with Mitchells Fibre via Facebook and they manged to clear my address and i loaded my voucher yesterday.

Now i just keep staring at my phone willing them to call to setup an installation date,

ridohr

Is this the guy who has his equipment installed on the Mosque? If so I think I sold a few powerbeams and RB's to him, that was years ago but I never knew his business grew to such an extent now. I think I might try and contact him and see if I have coverage for an installation. I'm currently paying R1000 to comtel for a simple 10mbps line.

Edit: Just to add to that what is the service like, do you get your full speed 24/7 and what sort of ping are you getting as well.
Yeah same guy, his got the whole Southern Suburbs covered now.
I paid R1200 for a 20Mbs uncapped 1:1 line with him over 5Ghz infra. He offers up to 200Mbs over wireless

ridohr

His service is excellent work hand in hand to get everything perfect.

obviously not as cheap as fibre, but better than anything else that was / is available

Prim0

His service is excellent work hand in hand to get everything perfect.

View attachment 767234

obviously not as cheap as fibre, but better than anything else that was / is available
Thanks for the reply. I was able to get in touch with him last night, he said since I have the equiptment read he'll only charge the call-out fee. I was just worried about his service since most of these wireless broadband providers have a decent service at first but a few months down the line their service starts degrading.

ridohr

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get in touch with him last night, he said since I have the equiptment read he'll only charge the call-out fee. I was just worried about his service since most of these wireless broadband providers have a decent service at first but a few months down the line their service starts degrading.
His service is good, always replies via whatsapp until 10pm usually. Been with him since 2013, tried ADSL, LTE, and always stayed with him. 40/20 consistent even during peak over wireless is a awesome.

and if will be offering fibre as well in Zone 4 if im not mistaken

jdido87

I am currently with Sonictelecoms Fusion Fibre and I have been happy for over a year now. I something goes wrong the investigate and fix the issue properly. Their FUP sucks balls but it depends which package you on.

ShakeelH

His service is good, always replies via whatsapp until 10pm usually. Been with him since 2013, tried ADSL, LTE, and always stayed with him. 40/20 consistent even during peak over wireless is a awesome.

Megamax is the brother that lives in Pelican Heights right?

Double.D

Can someone explain the afrihost billing cycle to me once they installed your Fibre? It's it proportional for that month?

Prim0

I am currently with Sonictelecoms Fusion Fibre and I have been happy for over a year now. I something goes wrong the investigate and fix the issue properly. Their FUP sucks balls but it depends which package you on.
Comtel has just been dismal during peak hours dropping down to around 2mbps, even with me being the only one connected. It took them months of constant calling to have a few guys come out and sort my ping issue, I was getting 150ms+ easily on local servers. I've heard of sonictelecoms they do offer decent packages but man I'm tired of this whole contract thing haha prefer to have something month-to-month instead.