MitchellsFibre (Vumatel)

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
So are we getting any feedback from the reps or what @AfriMan @AfriGuy @AfriNatic
The only thing that I can see impacting speeds in CT is the maintenance Vumatel is doing in Cape Town today. But if you've been experiencing degraded speed issues I'd urge you to DM us with your details so we can take a deeper look into this.

BlurryKnight

The only thing that I can see impacting speeds in CT is the maintenance Vumatel is doing in Cape Town today. But if you've been experiencing degraded speed issues I'd urge you to DM us with your details so we can take a deeper look into this.
DM sent

ShakeelH

Last night
1585212808736.png

And in the morning.. All is well again
1585212735870.png

There is a clearly a congestion issue. @AfriGuy How can we confirm this with the FNO or with you guys.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
AG will DM you, but it seems to be an issue across the board. Too many complaints, so whether that is due to Vuma upgrades or something else im not sure.

Danetjie

This issue was not happening today, its been like that for the few weeks. The speed isnt down graded the speed is intermittent and kind of frustrating as well especially from someone like me that uses the internet to work from home. So you saying this issue will be sorted out by today or is it going to longer. Or let me guess you cannot give me a turnaround time because that is always the common excuse that your company gives. If it is not that then you guys start pointing fingers at the other party, since everything is never your fault.

Danetjie

Last night
View attachment 806945

View attachment 806943

There is a clearly a congestion issue. @AfriGuy How can we confirm this with the FNO or with you guys.
You still lucky you had connection, I had to waste money on airtime so that I could work, because I know that it is pointless calling AFRIFAIL because they are going to give a sad excuse as they usually do.

Danetjie

Same issues, it's not ISP dependent I think its simply load on the infrastructure.
Its has been weeks now for....or let me say months for me to get my connection right phone and logging tickets back and forth for me to pay for a 20mbps line to only get 10mbps ever since I had my fibre installed. The funny thing is that my case is at the critical care department and it been a month and had no feedback not even a email to tell me what the progress on my case is. I do believe that either company do not know what the hell they are doing, if it isnt that then it shows that their customer service has been the worst I have ever experienced in my life...hands down. I have dealt with bad companies but these two companies are really on another level of BAD. Sad to say that but it is the honest truth.

ShakeelH

I think your situation might be more particular cause I have been tracking my net for past couple of months and this recent impact is most likely due to congestion as during the day and work hours my net is fine, and it seems most ppl here.

I will agree with you on the support. It seems that MF/Vuma and Afrihost really sorted out the proper way to handle their support and now we have to suffer.

ShakeelH

DUDE really please share that Macgyver Move please man!
It's just a backup battery basically. The site I initially bought it from ran out of stock though, and takealot (aka takealot-of-money-sometimes) has it for like triple the price. Although with the lockdown looming you wont' be able to get it now I'm assuming.

Here are a couple of links you can check out from the site:

Although as I said, all items are out stock. Here's the one that takealot has:

The battery I got lasts like 5 hours, this is a smaller capacity that takealot sells so might not last as long.

Danetjie

It's just a backup battery basically. The site I initially bought it from ran out of stock though, and takealot (aka takealot-of-money-sometimes) has it for like triple the price. Although with the lockdown looming you wont' be able to get it now I'm assuming.

Here are a couple of links you can check out from the site:

Although as I said, all items are out stock. Here's the one that takealot has:

The battery I got lasts like 5 hours, this is a smaller capacity that takealot sells so might not last as long.
Thanks buddy I will have a look into it!

alex augustus

Logged a ticket on 24 March - Ticket number: YQQ-732-78274. Can you follow up on that please?0

ShakeelH

Alex is Vuma not honoring their double speed upgrades to the the Vumareach folk as we also Vumatel clients
It was actually never promised. And it is expected for the ISP to also take part in the process.

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Thanks I've replied.

This issue was not happening today, its been like that for the few weeks. The speed isnt down graded the speed is intermittent and kind of frustrating as well especially from someone like me that uses the internet to work from home. So you saying this issue will be sorted out by today or is it going to longer. Or let me guess you cannot give me a turnaround time because that is always the common excuse that your company gives. If it is not that then you guys start pointing fingers at the other party, since everything is never your fault.
Please drop us a DM so we can help you out. I am sorry that we've caused you all this frustration.
Logged a ticket on 24 March - Ticket number: YQQ-732-78274. Can you follow up on that please?0
Please DM me so we can keep everything private. Thanks.

Last night
View attachment 806945

View attachment 806943

Please send me a DM with your details and I can forward it to our technical guys. Thanks

alex augustus

Alex is Vuma not honoring their double speed upgrades to the the Vumareach folk as we also Vumatel clients
Sadly, MF and VumaReach isn't part of that initiative - I don't think our infrastructure is ready to handle faster throughput :unsure:

alex augustus

Thanks I've replied.

Please drop us a DM so we can help you out. I am sorry that we've caused you all this frustration.

Please DM me so we can keep everything private. Thanks.

Please send me a DM with your details and I can forward it to our technical guys. Thanks
DM'd