MitchellsFibre (Vumatel)

Frankenstein51

I doubt they will, they might consider it if enough mfiber clients make enough noise?
Best argument could possibly be to ask if they think the lockdown doesn't have an affect on us, are we that insignificant that we don't need the extra speed, if all else fails, try the race card rofl

Prim0

It was said here a few times that the infrastructure can allow for higher speeds, the problem however is that MF built their entire network around this whole 20mbps package and built it on the cheap.

KOPITE

Executive Member
It was said here a few times that the infrastructure can allow for higher speeds, the problem however is that MF built their entire network around this whole 20mbps package and built it on the cheap.
Like I said shortsightedness, giving scraps to the so called less affluent areas. Mentality of people in power and want to dictate who gets what.

Vuma have rolled out the R399 packages in so many areas and thought the sub standard infrastructure would be enough. Faking treat everyone the same irrespective of location and race.

At least have a cheap package for the real low income earners with a 10/2 for R199 and then make the other packages as normal.

FFS I’m getting tired of reappearing myself. FNO’s and ISP’s need to grow some real balls

Prim0

Like I said shortsightedness, giving scraps to the so called less affluent areas. Mentality of people in power and want to dictate who gets what.

Vuma have rolled out the R399 packages in so many areas and thought the sub standard infrastructure would be enough. Faking treat everyone the same irrespective of location and race.

At least have a cheap package for the real low income earners with a 10/2 for R199 and then make the other packages as normal.

FFS I’m getting tired of reappearing myself. FNO’s and ISP’s need to grow some real balls
They won't do the cheaper package. I asked someone in my WhatsApp group a few months ago who works for MF about doing the same thing, he flat out said it's not viable since they are already pushing their limits in regards to profit margins with the R399 package.

AbuNetworkGuru

Coolideas that, the other was from afrihost I posted, there's no mention of mfiber getting the upgrade on their site though, only those getting it.
Afrihost website said all vumatel clients will get it, if coolideas isnt going to allow their Mitchells Fibre customers to get the free upgrade then they're ****, Afrihost has told us Mitchells Fibre customers that we're part of it and should be completed with in the next few days, it all depends which isp is participating in this promo speed upgrades.

Nikkel

Did anyone here think about what the actual fuq Frogfoot has to do with Vumatel?

Ravenhash

They not going to upgrade our Lines we need other Service Providers to come to Mitchells Plain or for Vumatel to scrap this Mitchells Fibre / Vumareach crap and give us choices like other area's

Sign Petition - Lets make noise

abs1

Before the uprising starts remember we're paying almost half of what the whole of SA is paying for the same speed...
Exactly, you get what you pay for, I'm not sure why MF people feel they entitled to this upgrade, btw its only for 2 months.

KOPITE

Executive Member
Before the uprising starts remember we're paying almost half of what the whole of SA is paying for the same speed...
Does it matter, not everyone want to be limited. You pay for what you get.

It's about choice, I don't want handouts

moondoggie86

Was about to post to ask if anyone using Cool Ideas was upgraded. Not a need but would've been a nice to have.

Not an issue. The 20mb line runs super perfect.

Double.D

Can anyone tell me why is there still a work order reference on the Afrihost prepaid site when they don't intend upgrading our lines?

Ravenhash

It's not a speed and price issue, its a choice issue. It's like saying we can give all Mitchells Plain residence bread for R5 but only brown bread. Taking away our ability to choose is another form of Inequality.

ShadleyP

200%, I mean the fact that we got fibre is already a win. Yare I don't understand people and YES we stay in Mitchells Plain and Strandfontein, your rates alone is a 3rd of the 'posh areas'. EVERYTHING is based on money for ALL companies WHY would they invest billions when less than a 3rd of the community will pay the higher prices for higher speeds???? Then simply move to a 'posh' area and then you can pay all premium prices and be happy... wait that will be a problem, paying high prices........

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Exactly, you get what you pay for, I'm not sure why MF people feel they entitled to this upgrade, btw its only for 2 months.
We are not feeling entitled. We are happy to pay for higher speeds. It's not like we asking for 50/50 for R399.