MitchellsFibre (Vumatel)

Jaseyyxx

I see on BitCos webpage it shows that mplain is covered by vuma and we can choose from 10-1000mbps, if only that were true

Random Citizen

Potential dumb question. I just don't want to have regrets.
So I want to reconfigure my office but need to move my MF router around and by that I need to disconnect all wires behind the router quickly.

My question, can I pull out the thin yellow fibre cable behind th MF router? I know power and ethernet is fine, im just paranoid I'm not going to get some kind of authentication errors or something like that if I pull it out quickly.

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Potential dumb question. I just don't want to have regrets.
So I want to reconfigure my office but need to move my MF router around and by that I need to disconnect all wires behind the router quickly.

My question, can I pull out the thin yellow fibre cable behind th MF router? I know power and ethernet is fine, im just paranoid I'm not going to get some kind of authentication errors or something like that if I pull it out quickly.
Please do not pull that cable as that is your fibre cable & if broken, needs a re-installation.

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
EDIT: I'm trying this as a wireless option. No ethernet cabling involved.
I'd like to get my secondary router in my room to amplify the MF Router in my lounge, to extend the range of the wifi. If that makes sense.

------------------------------------------------------------

I've been trying to search in here but not finding anything relevant.
Also the search function in the forum is not what it used to be.

So apologies if this has been asked before.

Bridge Mode - does the MF router allow for it?

I've setup the secondary router, a (Tenda N300, Model: FH307) and have been trying its various options:
Universal Repeater: Does just about nothing.
WISP Mode: Goes a step further but only is really taking me into the Tenda Router admin page.

In both modes I've scanned and inserted the MF router logins and password - but nothing helping.

And what should be the mode I should have the secondary router in? As you can tell by now, I've not done this before :p

Last edited:

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
I've been reading through all of these comments, and I really can't see why a router in Bridge mode wouldn't work. Unless the goal is to try to stop you from boosting your WiFi strength enough to share it with your neighbours?

This is my gripe too? Anyone?
There's no WAN settings on the landing page to get this done...

Kiemo

Can you drop me a PM with your email address and so I can look into this?
By the looks of it Mitchell’s Fibre haven’t started construction yet ... and they busy with zone 8 only still a far way to go for me being in zone 18

Prim0

By the looks of it Mitchell’s Fibre haven’t started construction yet ... and they busy with zone 8 only still a far way to go for me being in zone 18
Mitchell's Fibre are waiting for approval from COCT to continue with civil work. I'm too in zone 18, our best odds for going live is sometime mid next year.

Kiemo

Mitchell's Fibre are waiting for approval from COCT to continue with civil work. I'm too in zone 18, our best odds for going live is sometime mid next year.
That’s hectic if you ask me because rain isn’t working for me .. I get speeds now and then ... so that’s definitely congested towers

Double.D

EDIT: I'm trying this as a wireless option. No ethernet cabling involved.
I'd like to get my secondary router in my room to amplify the MF Router in my lounge, to extend the range of the wifi. If that makes sense.

------------------------------------------------------------

I've been trying to search in here but not finding anything relevant.
Also the search function in the forum is not what it used to be.

So apologies if this has been asked before.

Bridge Mode - does the MF router allow for it?

I've setup the secondary router, a (Tenda N300, Model: FH307) and have been trying its various options:
Universal Repeater: Does just about nothing.
WISP Mode: Goes a step further but only is really taking me into the Tenda Router admin page.

In both modes I've scanned and inserted the MF router logins and password - but nothing helping.

And what should be the mode I should have the secondary router in? As you can tell by now, I've not done this before :p
Try this link - Maybe it can be of some assistance. - https://www.tendacn.com/za/faq/3060.html

or this one - http://acceleritwireless.co.za/faqs/how-do-i-setup-my-tenda-n300-range-extender-wifi-router/

or this one - https://www.tendacn.com/za/faq/3060.html