MitchellsFibre (Vumatel)

shubz

I kinda am, I have my router patched into the Hauwei ONT but my router ports are 10/100 so cannot confirm if the ONT has gig ports, I am actually too lazy to patch my PC directly into it right now to confirm :whistling:

Is there a problem with your setup? only issue I foresee is that you need the Gigabit capabilities for transferring data on your LAN at a "super" high speed, besides that since your internet breakout is 40/10mbps your PC cannot utilize its NIC link speed to the best of its abilities.

Unless ALL your PC's has 10/100 NICs which isn't common in this day or age.
was just wondering if I cant get gig speeds

AbuNetworkGuru

Hi thank you for the reply appreciate it, is there anyway to reinstate access to be able to login into my router again? Thank you again.
No unfortunately this was vuma's decision, they have all the right, so you may want to obtain a 3rd party router and hook it up to the ONT to manage your network traffic and to customize your connection

Brad1Eight7

No unfortunately this was vuma's decision, they have all the right, so you may want to obtain a 3rd party router and hook it up to the ONT to manage your network traffic and to customize your connection
Alright, bummer lol but thank you again I appreciate it, stay safe have a good day:)

nad_isa

Any suggestions on how to do this. Once I'm setup? As one cannot switch off dhcp etc?

Things like double NAT and no port forwarding would be a given then.

Jaseyyxx

Yeah they did, and they trenched all the way down Morgenster road. They also phoned me saying that we can expect to be live in 6-8weeks.

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison

This is some BS! If its not the ANC telling me how to live my life, now its Vumatel too? And I pay for it...

nad_isa

Uhm you paying to use the internet, the device is vumatels property, imagine you renting your car to me and im paying to drive it and i swop out your engine? Make sense

Or from another point of view I rented a cheap car but it can only go straight. All the other cars can turn. But it's cheap so who am I to say anything ;)

ShadleyP

Anyone else getting really bad speed tonight Zone 4? I'm not even getting 1meg down.

alex augustus

All good in my hood, zone 5.

Have you tried rebooting the ONT? And what does a trace indicate? Screenshot_2020-08-12-21-24-57-820_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.jpg

Last edited:

AbuNetworkGuru

Anyone else getting really bad speed tonight Zone 4? I'm not even getting 1meg down.
If you getting slow speeds you need to first conduct some basic troubleshooting

1) reboot all your hardware
2) isolate your ONT disconnect AP/boosters/extenders to determine if its your 3rd party devices causing the issue and turn off wifi from the button then run a test using 1 device over lan
3) if speeds are slow over ethernet try another ethernet cable
4) if speeds are still slow escalate to your isp