MitchellsFibre (Vumatel)

Double.D

Good Morning. Is there anyone else experiencing problems accessing their router via 192.168.18.1?

Jaseyyxx

I saw some workers in my road this morning walking around with spray paint and a scanner thing, they said they marking the routes of the fibre cables for vumatel.

VettieOriginal

I saw some workers in my road this morning walking around with spray paint and a scanner thing, they said they marking the routes of the fibre cables for vumatel.
So the spray paint is normal to mark services before the come and trench this is so that the guys digging the trench takes extra care as there is a service located there,

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Anyone else having slow sub 1Mbps in Bayview area - I forget what the zones are.

Everything is just pissing me off now, this blerry Vumatel, this version of vBulletin that's giving me errors for multi quoting, let me rather go smoke the last of my illegal cigarettes.

2am till the end of my shift seems so much further away now.

nad_isa

So - while not MF - my VR line (which i understand to be pretty much the same thing) installed and activated today. on the face of it it does what it says on the box. Thanks afrihost for assisting in getting this up efficiently..:thumbsup:

ST_20200819.1250_VumaR.JPG

ShakeelH

I'm dealing with a constant concern for my junction box.. it's on the opposite side of the road and surrounded by nothing but sand in front of a frequently visited shop. So they have driven the box broken twice now.. somehow the fibre hasn't broken... but they don't seem to make the effort to get concrete or bricks around the box to secure it.

ShadleyP

If you getting slow speeds you need to first conduct some basic troubleshooting

1) reboot all your hardware
2) isolate your ONT disconnect AP/boosters/extenders to determine if its your 3rd party devices causing the issue and turn off wifi from the button then run a test using 1 device over lan
3) if speeds are slow over ethernet try another ethernet cable
4) if speeds are still slow escalate to your isp

Hey yeah, those are without saying, but I work from home so the usage of the fibre is non stop and over the past 2 weeks iv seen a constant drop in speed in the evenings around 8:30 ish. Anytime before that, pretty much stable as kid is streaming all day and me on VPN all day. Then come later the evening closer to 12 things are back to normal.

I suspect with all the new installations and people streaming in the evening there are moments of saturation.

ShadleyP

I'm dealing with a constant concern for my junction box.. it's on the opposite side of the road and surrounded by nothing but sand in front of a frequently visited shop. So they have driven the box broken twice now.. somehow the fibre hasn't broken... but they don't seem to make the effort to get concrete or bricks around the box to secure it.

Just go over and put a massive piece of block/brick on it in the meantime that will prevent anyone riding over it any further till they can get it done properly.

ShakeelH

Just go over and put a massive piece of block/brick on it in the meantime that will prevent anyone riding over it any further till they can get it done properly.
Yup did that... They drove the rock into the box... I was confused when I went outside and didn't see the rock, noticed the lid was broken then when I had a look found the rock in the box... a joke really.