MitchellsFibre (Vumatel)

ShakeelH

The time that the fibre went down also tells it was a skelm story. In the early hours of the morning. I would have love to have seen the disappointment on their face when they realized it was a massive waste of time...

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Any gamers on Vuma Reach fibre?

How is the latency?
Anyone stream to twitch or youtube?

Don't see any stats or post compared to other threads :)

AbuNetworkGuru

Any gamers on Vuma Reach fibre?

How is the latency?
Anyone stream to twitch or youtube?

Don't see any stats or post compared to other threads :)
Its solid playing PUBGM solid 20ms ping cant go lower than that, not streaming tho but ive tested out omlet arcade streamimg while gaming still remain on 20ms, played on Europe server getting solid 159 to 160ms NA roughly 350ms and asia 400ms Tested COD4 Multi-player played EU on 165ms, servers located east EU about 170ms please note these tests were done via lan regards to dsync theres a slight dsync on EU servers on pubgm but its not recognizable , if you're gaming on wifi sies man... oh and im your customer lol

Last edited:

ShakeelH

Its solid playing PUBGM solid 20ms ping cant go lower than that, not streaming tho but ive tested out omlet arcade streamimg while gaming still remain on 20ms, played on Europe server getting solid 159 to 160ms NA roughly 350ms and asia 400ms Tested COD4 Multi-player played EU on 165ms, servers located east EU about 170ms please note these tests were done via lan regards to dsync theres a slight dsync on EU servers on pubgm but its not recognizable , if you're gaming on wifi sies man... oh and im your customer lol
Yeah my experience is mostly the same. COD MW local 15-35 and EU 160-180, Overwatch 185-195. I would say Overwatch higher mostly because of location.

Frankenstein51

Damn, second line broke, they tested it and says it's broken in the middle somewhere, issue now, vuma saying replacement of the line will cost R1725, wtf!!!
Why not repair the existing line???

AbuNetworkGuru

Damn, second line broke, they tested it and says it's broken in the middle somewhere, issue now, vuma saying replacement of the line will cost R1725, wtf!!!
Why not repair the existing line???
Did it break due to natual causes? You see vuma covers the first installation anything there after will cost you if its not due to natual causes

Frankenstein51

Did it break due to natual causes? You see vuma covers the first installation anything there after will cost you if its not due to natual causes
Not a clue, they haven't visually checked the break, just that the break is halfway in the line, that half way is somewhere in the roof where no one goes, also "because there's a black casing around the line, they can't use the light to determine the exact break" tells me there's no physical break outside seeing the black casing is not broken but rather internally, meaning natural cause?
Scrap the top part I said, he actually did get in the roof as he asked me for a ladder, just remembering that now, so he did do a visual inspection of the line.

Last edited:

nad_isa

what is the likelyhood this happens (fibre lines breaking due to natural causes)

in these cases what is deemed natural causes?

AbuNetworkGuru

what is the likelyhood this happens (fibre lines breaking due to natural causes)

in these cases what is deemed natural causes?
You never know, weather strong winds, fire natual disaster etc, if the line was physically damaged by a customer then they should be liable to pay

nad_isa

Not a clue, they haven't visually checked the break, just that the break is halfway in the line, that half way is somewhere in the roof where no one goes, also "because there's a black casing around the line, they can't use the light to determine the exact break" tells me there's no physical break outside seeing the black casing is not broken but rather internally, meaning natural cause?
Scrap the top part I said, he actually did get in the roof as he asked me for a ladder, just remembering that now, so he did do a visual inspection of the line.

if they terminate at your boundary then is anything inside your property deemed your responsibility?

i did hear that the contractors charge R50 per metre to install fibre. not sure. i do have a number of the guy who installed here by me if you allowed to replace it. im sure he will do it for less and a dite?