MitchellsFibre (Vumatel)

Kiemo

Did anyone see in the plainsman when they starting with Zone 18 ? I heard they published it !

Mario001

So if I use a cat cable kodi will work better but mi box s don't allow cable or I must get a adapter ethernet to usb

njd25

Hi guys apparently lots of gamers are getting lower ping to middle east servers. Around 120ping mark. Are any of your experiencing the same?

Jaseyyxx

Hi guys apparently lots of gamers are getting lower ping to middle east servers. Around 120ping mark. Are any of your experiencing the same?
We're getting lower ping to the middle East because of AWS Direct Connect, only servers and games hosted on AWS will have that low ping unfortunately, so Fortnite for example should give 90ms to 120ms.

ShakeelH

I'm actually also noticing better pings on EU servers.

Before:
1603086987946.png

After:
1603087020425.png

This is on Overwatch.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
To get ~120ms to Middle East you would need to be in JHB as the routing to that will be via JHB.

So if you are in CPT it will go to JHB then from there to the Middle East Amazon servers. This should probably give you about 140-145ms to Middle East.

Jaseyyxx

To get ~120ms to Middle East you would need to be in JHB as the routing to that will be via JHB.

So if you are in CPT it will go to JHB then from there to the Middle East Amazon servers. This should probably give you about 140-145ms to Middle East.
Just a quick question @AfriNatic how exactly is it routed from JHB as ( that I'm aware of ) there are no cable landing points in JHB, wouldn't it make more sense to route from CPT.