MitchellsFibre (Vumatel)

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Please take note of PPPoE autnetication outage for Vuma Reach and Mitchells fibre nationally.

Client that restart the ONT would not be be able to authenticate. Vuma is working on the issue.

Jaseyyxx

Please take note of PPPoE autnetication outage for Vuma Reach and Mitchells fibre nationally.

Client that restart the ONT would not be be able to authenticate. Vuma is working on the issue.
Internet is still up, won't try my luck to restart

MisterV

Hi Guys,
Vuma is gonna start deplying the vuma reach network in my area soon.
I am also signing up with Afrihost, there is one thing however I am wondering about.
A ONT/Router combo will be installed, is there anyway I can request for just a ONT to be installed?
I make use of a mikrotik and Unifi access point for wifi, having that combo unit will be a utter waste

alex augustus

Hi Guys,
I am also signing up with Afrihost, there is one thing however I am wondering about.
A ONT/Router combo will be installed, is there anyway I can request for just a ONT to be installed?
I make use of a mikrotik and Unifi access point for wifi, having that combo unit will be a utter waste
The only way to get hooked on MF/VR network is the ONT/Router combo, you can always connect your Mikrotik to the ONT and your UniFi AP's to the MT - welcome to double NAT my friend.

Kiemo

Which area ?
Hi Guys,

MisterV

The only way to get hooked on MF/VR network is the ONT/Router combo, you can always connect your Mikrotik to the ONT and your UniFi AP's to the MT - welcome to double NAT my friend.
Well, i can always put the Mik's lease in a DMZ, but I was hoping that it would have a bridge function maybe?

alex augustus

Well, i can always put the Mik's lease in a DMZ, but I was hoping that it would have a bridge function maybe?
Technically possible ofcourse BUT the standard user account permissions are restricted to making changes on the LAN/WiFI side - one cannot touch the WAN side at all.

Have a cuppa coffee and read the entire thread which contains all the info you need.

AbuNetworkGuru

Is there a issue zone 6 vumareach? This is a ethernet results i noticed the issue 10mins ago coz my game didnt want to connect anymore....

Attachments

• 6AC9718F-47A2-4D11-8945-A0A83F66071F.png
    6AC9718F-47A2-4D11-8945-A0A83F66071F.png
    111 KB · Views: 20

toufeeq

Is there a issue zone 6 vumareach? This is a ethernet results i noticed the issue 10mins ago coz my game didnt want to connect anymore....
Looks like it, speed test was sent to me from Alpine park