MitchellsFibre (Vumatel)

Ricky 13

They are the same parent company, but I don't think generally they are interchangeable. I can confirm 100%, but as far as I know you can't "upgrade" from MF to Vuma.
I was told by afrihost on facebook to go ahead and order, they will do the necessary changes to the R399 promotion from mitchels fibre, once my order is approved.

AbuNetworkGuru

They are the same parent company, but I don't think generally they are interchangeable. I can confirm 100%, but as far as I know you can't "upgrade" from MF to Vuma.
Soooooooooooooo that mean they will need to come out and reinstall a new ONT but it would use the Mitchells Fibre line ?????????????

ShadleyP

Seems I can also pre-order for zone 4 but not the R399 package. I sent a tweet now to Afri to ask if I can too order and they correct as I want to get onto this ASAP!

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Nah I would rather wait till they clarify things properly and can order the correct MF package... these things can get complicated enough...
Yes but this is silly now... Everybody committing to the MF package, and up pops Vuma with higher speeds. So why cant Mitchells Fibre just provide us with the higher speeds?

ShadleyP

As far as I know, it's a new installation as the processes are separate. If you guys can wait a few days, I can try to find out more.
That would be great as I want to get ahead of the open gates once zone 4 goes live. To get a pre-order in before website opens up would be great!

skyman12

Can you believe it, SuperSonic came back to me and told me my area is not live??? I was so upset I just cancelled and now put in another order with Afrihost but I'm being ignored everywhere. Even the call centre is offline