MiWay CEO in damage control after major Afrikaner social media backlash

Wall

Sports Addict
I can't understand why people have not learnt that posting controversial **** on social media is stupid - you will always get a backlash

/twitter idiots

Last edited:

manMountain

It's part of our history.
Maybe part of your history, not mine. Maybe I'm part of more liberal Afrikaners than most.
In a statement published on Monday, the MiWay CEO attempted to distance his personal views expressed in the post from that of MiWay, while admitting he could have worded things better.
This just being a euphemism for STFU.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
MiWay Board reacts to “Lost Boys of Bird Island” social media concerns

The Board of MiWay takes note of the twitter posting by René Otto, the CEO of MiWay related to the recently published book – The Lost Boys of Bird Island. We have also noted the social media conversations that have resulted from the posting and the offense it may have caused.

We wish to emphasise that Mr Otto issued the post in his personal capacity and that the comments do not in any way reflect the views of MiWay or any related group entity. Mr Otto has issued an unconditional apology, in particular for the generalisations inferred from his posting and the harm and hurt it may have caused in the Afrikaner community. He also acknowledges that he should have been more discerning in separating his twitter profile and comments from the business of MiWay. As the Board, we regret the twitter posting and the harm it may have caused.

MiWay is a proudly South African company that celebrates and embraces the diversity of cultures in South Africa and strives to provide exceptional service to all its clients, regardless of race, gender or culture. More importantly, MiWay treats all its clients and stakeholders with respect, dignity and the highest standards of professionalism.

HunterNW

Expert Member
Nah... I'm an Afrikaner and didn't feel any hurt from his post. Just think he is a poephol. No offence taken Mr Otto. Now gfy. :)

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Nah... I'm an Afrikaner and didn't feel any hurt from his post. Just think he is a poephol. No offence taken Mr Otto. Now gfy. :)
Same. I think many of the complainants got upset because he mentioned their imaginary friend as well.

konfab

Honorary Master
What offended me more is the white guilt. A CEO of a large company is calling for other people to do something about history, yet I can guarentee he does f__kall beside virtue signal on Tw@ter.

Why doesn't he be an example to everyone and give away 99% of his money?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Afrikaans snowflakes... lamgatte! kort beslis 'n dikker vel.

Where is the fiasco happening so I can tell the bliksems the above? Twitter?