MJC axes principal: Protests for Bo-Kaap oupa in paedo scandal

sparticus

Expert Member
Not sure if this was posted as I dont see anything yet surprisingly but its huge news locally.

The Muslim Judicial Council yesterday said one of the retired school principals accused of sexual abuse by a relative has been suspended “with immediate effect” from the organisation’s education board.

This after a video of a young woman claiming sexual abuse allegedly at the hands of her oupa, Gasant Emeran from Bo-Kaap, went viral.

She also alleged along with her grandfather’s twin brother, Goosain, they sexually abused other girls over a period of five decades.

In a statement from MJC president Sheikh Irafaan Abrahams, he said the organisation noted with great concern the allegations.

DECIDE: MJC’s Irafaan Abrahams. File photo
“One of those against whom these allegations have been levelled, Mr Goosain Emeran, serves on the Education Board of the Muslim Judicial Council and has subsequently been suspended with immediate effect until further notice.

“We condemn all acts of sexual molestation and abuse of women and children.

“Crimes of this nature are abominable, and the processes of the law must be fully instituted.

“The MJC encourages those who have fallen victim to crimes of this nature to break their silence and to seek legal recourse.”

Gasant, 85, was the principal of Oaklands High School, is still tutoring pupils, while Goosain was the head of Trafalgar High.

On Thursday, the Bo-Kaap community staged protests outside Gasant’s home as well as outside the former Hilton Hotel in Wale Street.

Gasant’s family told the Daily Voice he was suffering from cancer and they were not prepared to comment.

Goosain said on Wednesday he was not aware of the YouTube video and is yet to respond to the allegations.

News of the alleged abuse has rocked the close-knit community and concerned resident Shafwaan Laubscher said the purpose of the protest was to show support to all survivors of abuse.

“It is time we as men stand up to abuse in any form and to the perpetrators, it’s time men stand up and be counted and call out this type of behaviour from men.

“We are supposed to be the protectors of our womenfolk and children,” he said.

In the video, titled Exposing Paedophilia by Community Leaders in Cape Town, the young woman, who currently lives in Jordan, gives disturbing details of the alleged abuse which she says started at the age of five.

She said: “It’s been decades and nothing has ever been done. I’m asking you not to have your kids tutored by them and not visit them. I wish I could have done something sooner... I’m doing this so that it stops.”

Link to Video -

Article source - Daily Voice

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Quite weird to have protests and suspensions before any guilt is established. Burn it with fire by all means but don't jump the gun.

sparticus

Expert Member
Quite weird to have protests and suspensions before any guilt is established. Burn it with fire by all means but don't jump the gun.
Felt the similar, but at the same time it does seems to be the norm to at least suspend the accused until things are cleared/clarified.

falcon786

Honorary Master
Not sure if this was posted as I dont see anything yet surprisingly but its huge news locally.

The Muslim Judicial Council yesterday said one of the retired school principals accused of sexual abuse by a relative has been suspended “with immediate effect” from the organisation’s education board.

This after a video of a young woman claiming sexual abuse allegedly at the hands of her oupa, Gasant Emeran from Bo-Kaap, went viral.

She also alleged along with her grandfather’s twin brother, Goosain, they sexually abused other girls over a period of five decades.

In a statement from MJC president Sheikh Irafaan Abrahams, he said the organisation noted with great concern the allegations.

“One of those against whom these allegations have been levelled, Mr Goosain Emeran, serves on the Education Board of the Muslim Judicial Council and has subsequently been suspended with immediate effect until further notice.

“Crimes of this nature are abominable, and the processes of the law must be fully instituted.

“The MJC encourages those who have fallen victim to crimes of this nature to break their silence and to seek legal recourse.”

Gasant, 85, was the principal of Oaklands High School, is still tutoring pupils, while Goosain was the head of Trafalgar High.

On Thursday, the Bo-Kaap community staged protests outside Gasant’s home as well as outside the former Hilton Hotel in Wale Street.

Gasant’s family told the Daily Voice he was suffering from cancer and they were not prepared to comment.

Goosain said on Wednesday he was not aware of the YouTube video and is yet to respond to the allegations.

News of the alleged abuse has rocked the close-knit community and concerned resident Shafwaan Laubscher said the purpose of the protest was to show support to all survivors of abuse.

“It is time we as men stand up to abuse in any form and to the perpetrators, it’s time men stand up and be counted and call out this type of behaviour from men.

In the video, titled Exposing Paedophilia by Community Leaders in Cape Town, the young woman, who currently lives in Jordan, gives disturbing details of the alleged abuse which she says started at the age of five.

She said: “It’s been decades and nothing has ever been done. I’m asking you not to have your kids tutored by them and not visit them. I wish I could have done something sooner... I’m doing this so that it stops.”

Link to Video -

The worst part is that people respect these type of c*nts until they're outed,but if this is true he deserves to be humiliated and stripped of everything like ol Cosby doing his time in prison.

konfab

Honorary Master

Except if it is certain men. Then you cannot say anything about them.

Jabulani22

Executive Member

Link to Video -

The Muslim Judicial Council - The same guys who ok'ed selling pork to muslims ?
Loooool
Also that name sounds like it belongs to a dept. which executes people under sharia.

airborne

Honorary Master
The Muslim Judicial Council - The same guys who ok'ed selling pork to muslims ?
Loooool
Also that name sounds like it belongs to a dept. which executes people under sharia.
A troll has arrived.

I saw some people speaking about this on FB and think people are taking it seriously, level heads. Many made the valid point that no lady wants to do what these ladies have done because speaking out typically has resulted in the victims being ostracized in the past, which is a brutal thing to be subjected to. I thing plenty people are also tired of keeping this stuff hidden, perpetrators must face the law.

Jabulani22

Executive Member
A troll has arrived.

I saw some people speaking about this on FB and think people are taking it seriously, level heads. Many made the valid point that no lady wants to do what these ladies have done because speaking out typically has resulted in the victims being ostracized in the past, which is a brutal thing to be subjected to. I thing plenty people are also tired of keeping this stuff hidden, perpetrators must face the law.
Would you like a hat ?
shutterstock_69687058.jpg
I was commenting on the name of the council and its love of giving muslims pork mixed into halaal products to eat(good thing about the no penalty clause if you didnt know in that religion)not the crimes.