Mkhize faces tender scandal

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Thought we were discussing corruption. Mthembu's battle with alcohol is well documented.

Hey, you were the one that said Mthembu was clean with no scandals:

In many cases, where there's smoke, there's likely fire. However, there are exceptions. The RB governor appears as clean as they get, so does Mboweni, Motswaledi and Creecy. Mthembu also had no known scandals and kept his family out of politics.

I just corrected your assertion. And I used your complete sentence this time in case someone accuses me of leaving out a single word that purportedly changes the context or meaning.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Hey, you were the one that said Mthembu was clean with no scandals:
I don't know what you're on about but this was the original question.
What are the chances that one of your top ministers is corrupt whilst everyone else is innocent?

I just corrected your assertion. And I used your complete sentence this time in case someone accuses me of leaving out a single word that purportedly changes the context or meaning.
I was going to invoke one of your favourite lines but decided not to be petty.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Because firing people on untested allegations is not what we do here, we are trying to run a proper government and not some banana republic.

In economics, a banana republic is a country with an economy of state capitalism, by which economic model the country is operated as a private commercial enterprise for the exclusive profit of the ruling class. Such exploitation is enabled by collusion between the state and favored economic monopolies, in which the profit, derived from the private exploitation of public lands, is private property, while the debts incurred thereby are the financial responsibility of the public treasury.

Such an imbalanced economy remains limited by the uneven economic development of town and country, and usually reduces the national currency into devalued banknotes (paper money), rendering the country ineligible for international development credit.

Source - Christopher Hitchens

A bit too close to home, wouldn't you say?

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
I don't know what you're on about but this was the original question.

I was going to invoke one of your favourite lines but decided not to be petty.

Come on, be a man and admit when you make a mistake. You tried a counter and got countered with a counter. You lost. Suck it up.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Come on, be a man and admit when you make a mistake. You tried a counter and got countered with a counter. You lost. Suck it up.
I provided you evidence we were discussing corruption.

Btw, it's not about winning or losing.

Follow your own advice in future.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
I provided you evidence we were discussing corruption.

Btw, it's not about winning or losing.

Follow your own advice in future.

Hey, you stated the Mthembu had NO personal scandals. I proved otherwise. Suck it up.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Hey, you stated the Mthembu had NO personal scandals. I proved otherwise. Suck it up.
Evidently, you had no idea what the discussion was all about. You pulled the shirt over your face to celebrate victory, and did not realise you were way offside. There's something called VAR nowadays.

The gentleman and I were discussing corruption. I provided proof.

Good night.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
A Landcruiser? Is he a farmer or something? What's wrong with a G Wagon?

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Evidently, you had no idea what the discussion was all about. You pulled the shirt over your face to celebrate victory, and did not realise you were way offside. There's something called VAR nowadays.

The gentleman and I were discussing corruption. I provided proof.

Good night.

OK then, your willy is longer.

friedpiggy

Expert Member
Had a thought last night. Instead of going after individual politicians, we should go after the ANC every time. So the Durban mayor is accused of corruption, the citizens of Durban should go after the ANC to get the money back. The ANC will argue that they are not responsible, however, SA is a party political state, we don't vote for individual people we vote for parties, therefore one could argue that the party elected has a duty to ensure the politician THEY put into a position is capable, qualified and not corrupt. A few cases like that and the already fragile bank balance of the ANC will be depleted and one could then apply to have them declared insolvent.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Had a thought last night. Instead of going after individual politicians, we should go after the ANC every time. So the Durban mayor is accused of corruption, the citizens of Durban should go after the ANC to get the money back. The ANC will argue that they are not responsible, however, SA is a party political state, we don't vote for individual people we vote for parties, therefore one could argue that the party elected has a duty to ensure the politician THEY put into a position is capable, qualified and not corrupt. A few cases like that and the already fragile bank balance of the ANC will be depleted and one could then apply to have them declared insolvent.
That's a good thought in theory, now for the practical part, how do parties prove that someone is not corrupt?

friedpiggy

Expert Member
That's a good thought in theory, now for the practical part, how do parties prove that someone is not corrupt?
It's less about proving they are not corrupt and more about how they deal with the corrupt ones. If political parties are getting hit in the pocket every time someone does something naughty, it might force them into acting against those naughty people rather than just shuffling them around.

Oldfut

Most probably
A Texas farmer - all hat and no cattle. But quite possible he's picked up a land claim / restitution / government owned farm for mahala. On da udder hand, R25m from "getting Dad onto SABC TV" can buy a pretty nice farm. Who knows?

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master

A negative cannot be proven. It's like trying to prove Father Christmas or unicorns don't exist. As shown by the philosopher Bertrand Russel in his example known as Russel's Teapot.

However, a positive can be proven. Therefore corruption can be proven. And that is all that is required to sue the party under the system they use as suggested by @friedpiggy

Oldfut

Quite a nice farm by some accounts 1299ha near Pietermaritzburg. Vegetables, Nguni cattle etc. Will it be re-distributed without compensation? Ha ha