Mkhwebane doesn't understand basics of the legal system, says her own lawyer

ForceFate

Honorary Master
The question is, how did she become an advocate? Have standards really fallen that low?
I haven't seen anything yet that points to standards falling. She appears to be an exception, which makes me believe there's puppeteer's hand up her butt; someone with little knowledge of the law calling the shots. She worked as a prosecutor before so, I'd wager she an idea how the process works.

She strikes me as someone who's prepared to sell her soul for riches.

thechamp

Honorary Master
I haven't seen anything yet that points to standards falling. She appears to be an exception, which makes me believe there's puppeteer's hand up her butt; someone with little knowledge of the law calling the shots. She worked as a prosecutor before so, I'd wager she an idea how the process works.

There is a mixture of incompetence and malice to her, I just have not yet figured out which one is in greater proportion.

Supervan II

Expert Member

Methinks there was something else up her - and I doubt it was up her butt too ...

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master

I would agree with this ....

Dumb she aint, so what is driving her to make such terrible reports??
Methinks a separate agenda at play .....

Who is Ms Mkhwebane?
Now aged 49, Ms Mkhwebane was born in Bethal, a small town in Mpumalanga province in eastern South Africa, bordering Eswatini and Mozambique.

She holds a law degree from the University of Limpopo, a diploma in corporate law and a higher diploma in tax from the University of Johannesburg. In 2010 she completed a masters in business leadership from the University of South Africa. In other words, the advocate is well educated.

Her experience in government institutions spans over two decades - she has worked as a researcher, investigator, advocate for refugee rights and an immigration counsellor at the South Africa embassy in China. All seemingly without much controversy.

She was appointed to the office of public protector in 2016, beating 13 well-qualified candidates, including a former judge, to the job.

The interviews were televised and consisted of a gruelling interrogation by a parliamentary panel that included members of the opposition parties as well as officials from the ruling African National Congress (ANC).

The transparency of the process was supposed to ensure that the person appointed to this critical institution held no political bias.

By all accounts, her appointment suggested that Ms Mkhwebane had passed the test.