MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)

Chong33

Conor is on the Rhonda Rousey downfall
No way you can compare the 2 dude. I hate CM to be honest, but he is not a one trick pony as RR. CM can actually fight.
This will be a good fight. Cowboy having lots of experience over CM, CM arguably the better striker, Will love to see how this plays out.
Wont say either of the 2 has an advantage over the other.

Lord Flacko

Expert Member
The money got to Conor, he’s no longer has the same drive to fight. The fight is at 170, I don’t think it’s in his favour, I guess the taunts from Masvidal that Conor isn’t enough man to take him on is why it’s not a lightweight where Conor has all the advantages.

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
Ouch, poor Overeem making the highlight reels these days for all the wrong reasons o_O

He fights ever so cautiously and tactically the last few years and then makes some fatal error that costs him dearly :unsure:

IssiAmd

Some real belters this weekend.
Predictions?

Main event is such a tough one to pick, I can't stand CC but can't deny his ability.
Usman by unanimous for me.

I can't look past Max for the co main. Volkanovski is on a hell of run but Bless is just so persistent. He beat Dustin IMO. He's also got so much experience in the championship rounds. I see another Ortega fight materializing.
Max by 4th Round Stoppage

Next one is easy
Amanda Nunes via stoppage, 3rd round at the latest.

There's a lot of other good match ups.
Bright and early on Sunday.

Lord Flacko

Expert Member
Colby might pull of an upset. In real life he’s regarded as a very nice guy but his on camera antics and persona pisses people off. Usman has too much pride.

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
Ouch, poor Overeem making the highlight reels these days for all the wrong reasons o_O

He fights ever so cautiously and tactically the last few years and then makes some fatal error that costs him dearly :unsure:
The moment he went of the roids, his performance dipped big time.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
bump...UFC 248 around the corner with 2 great-looking title matches.

Also been watching this guy's channel - really great content.

simm_card

Expert Member

"The main event of UFC 249 features an epic match-up of two prize fighters - Tony 'El Cucuy' Ferguson and Justin 'The Highlight' Gaethje - with great records and entertaining styles.

Ferguson is extremely unorthodox with a bag of tricks around every corner. Gaethje is a banger, he just keeps coming at you with low kicks and flying fists. He is happy to eat a few punches to get in a few bombs of his own."

simm_card

Expert Member

"Less than 24 hours before the return of live sports to America amid the coronavirus pandemic, a fighter scheduled to compete at UFC 249 tested positive for COVID-19.

UFC middleweight Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza received a positive test result Friday, the UFC confirmed. Souza was scheduled to face Uriah Hall at UFC 249 on Saturday in Jacksonville, Florida. The fight has been canceled, but the rest of the event will continue as planned for now."

Daruk

Honorary Master

"Less than 24 hours before the return of live sports to America amid the coronavirus pandemic, a fighter scheduled to compete at UFC 249 tested positive for COVID-19.

UFC middleweight Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza received a positive test result Friday, the UFC confirmed. Souza was scheduled to face Uriah Hall at UFC 249 on Saturday in Jacksonville, Florida. The fight has been canceled, but the rest of the event will continue as planned for now."
What is local time?

simm_card

Expert Member
Thanks - I wonder if it'll be on DSTV. I'll have a look and record. I'll watch it before Church on Sunday.
UFC 249 will be broadcast LIVE on SuperSport 1, 8 and 11 from 04:00 (SA time) on Sunday, May 10.

skimread

Executive Member
That was savage
Classy fighting by Gaethje. I still think Khabib is the guy to beat tho. Ferguson is a tank.

Disappointing that Khabib will only likely fight next year now.
Bad outcome for Ferguson as Gaethje has provided the blueprint how to beat Ferguson's unorthodox style.