MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)

Lord Flacko

Expert Member
Right here.
Can't stand the guy.

But hey, props where due.
Costa totally outclassed, almost as if he didn't know what to do.

I don't see anyone in middleweight with the fight iq to stand with Izzy.
Challengers need to make the fight dirty, bring in the wrestling.
It is MMA after all, not friggin kickboxing.

I see you. He's a unique talent. He's the real deal, his fight IQ is unrivalled and keeps improving fight after fight. I'm probably biased because I'm also skinny and 6 ft 4.

This guy has wiped out 6/7 ranked opponents from his 9 UFC appearances. The best part is no steroids were needed (Jones), no sexual assault allegations (Jones & Conor).

He just runs his mouth and is able to back it up.

gustavo07

I see you. He's a unique talent. He's the real deal, his fight IQ is unrivalled and keeps improving fight after fight. I'm probably biased because I'm also skinny and 6 ft 4.

This guy has wiped out 6/7 ranked opponents from his 9 UFC appearances. The best part is no steroids were needed (Jones), no sexual assault allegations (Jones & Conor).

He just runs his mouth and is able to back it up.

I think thats why he has so many salty haters.

They all want him to fail cause of the persona and in most cases people with that confidence fall short in such a sport. He talks (so much) scht , backs it up and wins then rubs it in his haters faces when all is said and done. Some may say cringey but each to their own..The dude literally said he'll take Costa apart with ease after the Whitakker fight and here we are lol.Rather him over Connor as an entertainer any day.

LOM

Honorary Master
I think thats why he has so many salty haters.

They all want him to fail cause of the persona and in most cases people with that confidence fall short in such a sport. He talks (so much) scht , backs it up and wins then rubs it in his haters faces when all is said and done. Some may say cringey but each to their own..The dude literally said he'll take Costa apart with ease after the Whitakker fight and here we are lol.Rather him over Connor as an entertainer any day.
Sounds like Naseem Hamed.

LOM

Honorary Master
Oh Prince Naseem, he had more controversies outside the ring than losses. Still impressive to have only 1 loss in his entire professional career.

I reckon 6 ft 6. I'm sure if he stood next to Stefan Struve he would be rather short.
I was just sorry Mitchell fought in a different era. Would have loved to see Hamed fight him, though Hamed was probably a couple Kgs shy of super featherweight category at his heaviest anyway.

skimread

Honorary Master

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Lol, Tong Po got his clock cleaned...that didn't take long.

Like this guy's enthusiasm - will keep an eye out for him.

skimread

Honorary Master
Pity the camera man didn't have a decent angle of the knockout.

Was interesting he mentioned farm murders in one of his post match interviews.

skimread

Honorary Master
The 2nd camera man got a somewhat better angle in the replays. Quite an awkward strike, hit Perez right behind the ear :thumbsup:
I watched it again. His opponent seem to have wanted to throw a backhanded fist while his back was exposed. Really weird and unorthox and he paid for it as Dricus was waiting for him to make a mistake. The top guys in the UFC study each other so much that fights are almost like chess matches at times. .

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
I watched it again. His opponent seem to have wanted to throw a backhanded fist while his back was exposed. Really weird and unorthox and he paid for it as Dricus was waiting for him to make a mistake. The top guys in the UFC study each other so much that fights are almost like chess matches at times. .
Yeah that would explain how the challenger sometimes takes apart the veteran with ease. Challenger has more tape to analyse and identify weaknesses of the veteran who is on top (or near it), plus the challenger probably spends many many months or even years strategising on taking the veteran out. The Garbrandt vs Cruz and Adesanya vs Whittaker fights come to mind.