MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)

ShloshMalosh

Expert Member
Alcohol ban got him :D

Dana White is hinting that Khabib is also possibly coming back.
Khabib wont come back guys. Especially not for Connor.

Probably ONLY for GSP.

Lets be honest, Dana is talking a comeback in order to keep Connor, relavant. Honestly hes just embarrasing. Have you seen the **** hes been talking?

And the only reason Dana wants a rematch is because of the money it would bring in.

Khabib has NOTHING to prove to anyone. Because as we all know, "this is number 1 easy fight in lightweight division"

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
In the meanwhile, tomorrow is red panty night in the Poirier household!

If Conor can beat Dustin then yeah maybe he is still relevant, so we will have to see :p

Last edited:

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Conor, not hungry enough, not prepared enough, maybe too cocky, and now that he can't play mind games like he used to he loses that edge that he used to have over many of the top fighters.

Disclaimer: IMHO, and hindsight is 20/20.

saor

Honorary Master
Not sure what the spoiler deal is in this thread.

Dustin Poirier knocks Conor McGregor out in round 2, becomes first man to knock McGregor out

ShloshMalosh

Expert Member

Dustin Poirier knocks Conor McGregor out in round 2, becomes first man to knock McGregor out
Khabib TKOd him for sure... but Herb Dean...you know... was so in awe upon seeing the eagle in full flight... luckily he came back to his senses in time for the tap

s0lar

Expert Member
Conor, not hungry enough, not prepared enough, maybe too cocky, and now that he can't play mind games like he used to he loses that edge that he used to have over many of the top fighters.

Disclaimer: IMHO, and hindsight is 20/20.
Wanted to prove he could go rounds. I saw a few times when he could have pushed forward but opted to backoff to the center.

Also seems to have changed his stance. Always had a wide south paw now closer to a more conventional stance, left his legs open.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Wanted to prove he could go rounds. I saw a few times when he could have pushed forward but opted to backoff to the center.

Also seems to have changed his stance. Always had a wide south paw now closer to a more conventional stance, left his legs open.
Good point, that was likely the reason for his downfall. Dustin admits he was hurt but Conor didn't pursue further strikes.

ShloshMalosh

Expert Member
Good point, that was likely the reason for his downfall. Dustin admits he was hurt but Conor didn't pursue further strikes.

I think the reality is that at featherweight, Connor was a monster, but he is just average at lightweight.

Its just a testament to how stacked the Lightweight division really is.

I get a feeling that Connor looked at himself in the mirror and said, I'm the best. How do I beat the best, wait I know, do it like Mayweather did. Then he focused on boxing technique and rumour has it he hired boxing coaches to prepare for this last fight. What a knob.

pr0pedpxx9d61.png
chbcs9haxcd61.png

AirWolf

Honorary Master

There isn't one.

ShloshMalosh

Expert Member
Except for the Yan vs Sterling fight. That was a rookie mistake!

Something off about that... Yan was winning up to that point on my cards... and MD according to the judges. And it looked like KO was coming... Yan's boxing was way to good for him. And he wasnt landing anything noteworthy.
The rounds may have looked close but Yan was doing the better work
Very weird. :unsure:

Glad Adesanya lost. reality check. He needs to up his game. Hes not ready for light heavyweight yet.