Mobile or ADSL wait or change?

Griffen

Hi every1

First of all thanks for the Gr8 forum. Been reading it for a while but never registered until now. Anyway my scenario is as follows:

I use to have ADSL for a long time till I cancelled it due to bad service from (T*L*O*M) on Monday (Too far from exchange and not syncing anymore). The thing is they finished building a new ADSL DSLAM not to far from my house and will be going live on the 30-Nov according to them. Now what I would like to know, is it worth waiting or should I move to a 3G solution (2-4GB use a month)?

If I should go 3G does anyone know if there might be any upcoming deals like Vodacom’s expired 2GB +2GB deal any time soon?

We have excellent 3G and HSDPA coverage where I live and the speed is very good.

FNfal

Executive Member
The best deal at the moment is cellC but that expires on the 14th 5GB per month for a year for R3000 ( 60 GB for R3000 )

Griffen

I do know about the CellC promotion but paying R3000 up front is.... well a bit harsh on the pocket right now. Also we have know issues with CellC in our area due to the fact that they have none of their own towers here and the piggyback on the other ISP towers have caused speed issues that I have seen myself.

I have however just read about MTN's R289 uncapped light but I am trying to figure out if they will only be available from 1-Feb 2012 or if this is when the throttling will begin.

Tun@

Expert Member
or R1999 if you already have a modem & buy before the 14th.......but seriously do check with a small bundle & a prepaid sim 1st as speeds are becoming the worst i've seen.....even browsing is labourous..... depending on location of coarse.
Maybe when cellc's 500mb of data included in the R50 airtime deal goes away things might improve.

8ta would be another option but speeds there could also go the same i think - especially now that Cellc have increased prices.
I've punted on that happening & bought 1 more year cellc 60Gb before their price increase.

Griffen

No 8ta coverage where I am yet (Northern Cape) and besides I just moved away from teir parent company due to bad service, don’t want to get clamped down for 24months unless I get permission to beat them with a wooden stick when needed :twisted:

LPCPT

MTN 4 me

Well I am currently with MTN (R149pm for 2GB topup). Only Sp that covers my house in Durbanville and all the other places I regularly travel to. No problem yet and very good speeds when I use it(mostly at night)