Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Moka pot

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

jibo82

Which do you prefer?

I have both and I am leaning towards the Moka pot when it comes to a delicious cup of coffee. The fast extraction of the espresso machine doesn't do just to lighter roasts and extraction of subtle flavors.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Why not both? Pour the Moka pot into the espresso reservoir and pull a shot then instantly schit yourself. Good times.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Instant coffee granules, cut with chicory.
10172795EA-checkers515Wx515H.webp

maxxis

Which do you prefer?

I have both and I am leaning towards the Moka pot when it comes to a delicious cup of coffee. The fast extraction of the espresso machine doesn't do just to lighter roasts and extraction of subtle flavors.

Fresh grind or pre-ground?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Depends on whether it's a good or bad espresso machine, the variance is huge.

Currently using a mokka, got an electric one that turns itself off, similar to a kettle, really like it as don't need to stand around and wait, was 30 EUR I think.

maxxis

Good quality espresso machine, grinder, bottomless portafilter.

Doesn't matter what beans I use the quality exceeds my local coffee shop.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
For simplicity, I just use an AeroPress these days.
We have a very different definition of simplicity. I have one to use when travelling but it's a pain to use on a regular basis.

cerebus

Honorary Master
There's no comparison between a good espresso/cappuccino and what you can get out of a moka pot. Unfortunately though, it's a very expensive hobby with no upper limit on what you can spend. I have quite a mediocre machine (Breville Barista Express) and with good beans and proper technique I couldn't go back to a moka pot.

I'm actually not a fan of a moka pot in general. I prefer steeping coffee in a French press or a V60 chemex. Moka is messy and fussy. I'm considering getting a higher end French press like the Fellow Clara.

RanzB

Honorary Master
We have a very different definition of simplicity. I have one to use when travelling but it's a pain to use on a regular basis.

Might be your method, but for me it's dead easy and the best part if the ease of cleanup.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Might be your method, but for me it's dead easy and the best part if the ease of cleanup.
I've used both the standard and inverted methods. Cleanup is easy but that's at the end of a relatively (as compared to a bean to cup) laborious process. For travel it's fine but for making coffee for the family or guests it's a schlep.

Nuro

Expert Member
I like my Moka pot, just because it's so low tech, works really well with our gas stove, and takes up next to no space. Espresso from a expensive machine does taste better, but I couldn't be bothered with the cost and maintenance. I think my pot might be 20 years old soon...

RanzB

Honorary Master
I've used both the standard and inverted methods. Cleanup is easy but that's at the end of a relatively (as compared to a bean to cup) laborious process. For travel it's fine but for making coffee for the family or guests it's a schlep.
Oh yeah, I'm talking single cups only. Any more than one and I'm breaking out the french press.

Dylan_G

Expert Member
Aeropress.

Never tried a Moka. Maybe I need to go down that rabbit hole.

Don't want to shell out for a bean to cup or expresso machine. :crying: