Mondli Exposes Bigotry of Cape Independence

R13...

Honorary Master
So, they call Makhanya a bigot and then proceed to prove his point with their response to his criticisms? I would have expected that they'd have gone for the angle that his claims are unfounded but that response doesn't help their case.

lexity

Expert Member
So, they call Makhanya a bigot and then proceed to prove his point with their response to his criticisms? I would have expected that they'd have gone for the angle that his claims are unfounded but that response doesn't help their case.
Sounds like the journalist only just found out about it, and could only find time to do a minimum of research on the Cape IM.

Some people just react. They don't want to know.

This is how the CIAG can afford to put out a headline like that. You have to be self-defeatist in a league of its own to resort to an argument like this.

Oldfut

Expert Member
It is interesting to see how the idea of WC independence triggers squeals of racism. Yesterday on SAFM (Aldrin Sampear) there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth about the Desmond Tutu mural being defaced. According to both Sampear (thrumming the ANC/EFF Racist drum for his baas) and his guest from the BPNCC whites were racist and CT (well Kep Town) ones particularly so. Of course no statistics or evidence was presented (other than the Tutu vandalism).

Also of course the deep hypocrisy of finding one bit of mural vandalism evidence of widespread racism (white on black) while ignoring the plethora of racist laws implemented by the ANC regime is ignored; either deliberately or through mad belief. Very apartheid like.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
If you blame whites for the current state of affairs in this country, you're just trying to be trendy.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
It would actually help the anti-cape-indendence argument tremendously if they didn't steal everything like they have been..

I mean even Cyril pulled a shocked face for a minute.
"anti-cape-independance" lol thats quite a clever reframing.

The WC has always acted independently despite what some might think. Not everyone is convinced that Cape-Independence is necessary.