Mondli Exposes Bigotry of Cape Independence

PrimeSteak

Expert Member
It is interesting to see how the idea of WC independence triggers squeals of racism. Yesterday on SAFM (Aldrin Sampear) there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth about the Desmond Tutu mural being defaced.
Timing of the mural is sus, a typical decoy for election time
According to both Sampear (thrumming the ANC/EFF Racist drum for his baas) and his guest from the BPNCC whites were racist and CT (well Kep Town) ones particularly so. Of course no statistics or evidence was presented (other than the Tutu vandalism).
Lmao, I like how anything related to the WC and Cape Town is always attacked and super racist, even tho the WC is the only province not nitrous boosting into the shitter.
Also of course the deep hypocrisy of finding one bit of mural vandalism evidence of widespread racism (white on black) while ignoring the plethora of racist laws implemented by the ANC regime is ignored; either deliberately or through mad belief. Very apartheid like.
Yup, it's a case of "if we do it, it's fine" by the ANC. I wish that every damned race group in this country would stop with the constant obsession with race, it's why the country is spiralling, cause everyone is competing to see who the bigger victim is

PrimeSteak

Expert Member
The WC has always acted independently despite what some might think.
Yup, pretty much. I mean the WC gov wants to build its own power grids in some select towns/cities to independently power those towns/cities and become less dependant on Eskom. CoCT is already using Steenbras to counter/lessen load shedding. The WC has always acted independently for years even during the previous regime. It's the only province actually making progress. The Cape Independence topic has become mainstream and has brought underground mumblings that have been in the province for years into mainstream debate.
The question is whether such a thing will ever be successful.
Anything can happen, but with AfriForum going to ConCourt about this along with the DA pushing for premiers to be able to call referendums, I think it will become an actual thing to consider.

PrimeSteak

Expert Member
Honestly, I'm not surprised Mondli immediately started with the Orania-Esque argument from the start. The funny thing about this is many people act like it's just white AWB Afrikaners trying to steal the WC, but that isn't it. The majority group that supports this are also the majority population of the WC and the evil whites only come in at 27% support. Many people here in the province (of all races mind you) are sick of the ANC and national gov in general.

Here are the stats from the polls done:

Gyre

Expert Member
It is interesting to see how the idea of WC independence triggers squeals of racism. Yesterday on SAFM (Aldrin Sampear) there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth about the Desmond Tutu mural being defaced. According to both Sampear (thrumming the ANC/EFF Racist drum for his baas) and his guest from the BPNCC whites were racist and CT (well Kep Town) ones particularly so. Of course no statistics or evidence was presented (other than the Tutu vandalism).

Also of course the deep hypocrisy of finding one bit of mural vandalism evidence of widespread racism (white on black) while ignoring the plethora of racist laws implemented by the ANC regime is ignored; either deliberately or through mad belief. Very apartheid like.

Not targeted to you specifically but to forumites in general, since we are on the topic of independence, do people who condemn BEE also condemn Orania's discrimination employment rules? Since it is very obviously discrimination like BEE is?

I think a lot of hesitation around independence is what laws will change along with independence.

PrimeSteak

Expert Member
Not targeted to you specifically but to forumites in general, since we are on the topic of independence, do people who condemn BEE also condemn Orania's discrimination employment rules? Since it is very obviously discrimination like BEE is?
From my standpoint, yes. I believe in a nation where your value and abilities as a human being aren't decided by your race, religion or plumbing (gender).
I think a lot of hesitation around independence is what laws will change along with independence.
I guess, but CIAG is going to set up a Cape Constitution Commission, so I'm waiting to see what will come of that

Oldfut

Expert Member

For sure but you got a link to these rules?

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
I appreciate how discourse around this is becoming mainstream.

We will have the race card players - it is to be expected.

What else can the law abiding citizens of the WC do? SA is run by a criminal gang who has made it clear through their actions that they will remain criminal until Jesus comes.

Should a part of the population that wants a honest government that get things done be subjected to the tyranny of this criminal gang?

We all know that ANC and EFF supporters are only interested in looting and destroying.

In the WC most of the people want to build.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan

Orania?

The ****?

Gyre

Expert Member
For sure but you got a link to these rules?

Just this article and from the articles I have. Tried looking on their website too but nothing official there

Today it has been fixed up and between 500 and 600 white Afrikaners, including around 100 children, live in Orania under the slogan of "selfwerksaamheid" (self-reliance). Black or coloured (mixed-race) people are not allowed to live or work here - their presence would be deemed to go against the principle of self-reliance.

This means poor whites are employed as cleaners, gardeners and farm workers while an elite circle of "intellectuals" discuss the preservation of the Afrikaner culture.

Prinsloo Potgieter, chairperson of the Vluyteskraal Aandeleblok (Whistling Shareholders) company that owns Orania, explains the ideology with passion: "We do not want to be managed by people who are not Afrikaners. Our culture is being oppressed and our children are being brainwashed to speak English," the 60-something "mayor" says with a serious look in his pale-blue eyes.

The Afrikaner "intellectuals" are all quick to disown apartheid, however.

But, says the charismatic Boshoff, a professor of theology: "Afrikaners who live in the rest of South Africa must know they are doing it at their own risk. They should realise their cultural heritage is under serious threat."

Article is a bit **** and biased, but from every post regardless of this one, I have seen this to be true.

Gyre

Expert Member
Orania?

The ****?

The criticism was calling the cape independence similar to "Orania". Obviously it isn't and isn't anywhere near to what Orania is doing, but there are similarities in the sense of self-governance, their own currency, etc.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Timing of the mural is sus, a typical decoy for election time

Lmao, I like how anything related to the WC and Cape Town is always attacked and super racist, even tho the WC is the only province not nitrous boosting into the shitter.

Yup, it's a case of "if we do it, it's fine" by the ANC. I wish that every damned race group in this country would stop with the constant obsession with race, it's why the country is spiralling, cause everyone is competing to see who the bigger victim is

Maybe racism is a key ingredient in OKish to decently run local government? Who knew!

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
The criticism was calling the cape independence similar to "Orania". Obviously it isn't and isn't anywhere near to what Orania is doing, but there are similarities in the sense of self-governance, their own currency, etc.
Orania is not independent. It is private property where people stay.

grok

Honorary Master
Orania is so insignificant, it has around 1600 people living there.
More people are killed in a month than whole population there.
Oops..

Wait, wasn't one of the reasons for separate development the asymmetrical murder rate?

What an inconvenient truth..

Gyre

Expert Member
Oops..

Wait, wasn't one of the reasons for separate development the asymmetrical murder rate?

What an inconvenient truth..

Implying that if afrikaners were treated and raised like many africans, they wouldn't behave exactly the same?