Moneyweb headline loss widens to R4.91 million

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
What am I missing with regards to what they actually do to be spinning that kind of turnaround?

I see no more than an editorial website and newsletters.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
What am I missing with regards to what they actually do to be spinning that kind of turnaround? I see no more than an editorial website and newsletters.
Website, Radio (a few shows), Print (partnership with Citizen), Events (large and small), and a few smaller projects.

Moneyweb has been running at a loss for a while, and not sure if the cost of the legal battle against Fin24 is included in these results yet.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Hectic.

Bet most of the costs would make sense for print, but the partnership doesn't.

The loss doesn't really surprise me. Well it does considering the revenue, but it's just the sheer amount of turnover doesn't compute.

Funny that they tell other people what to do with their money...

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
So a company that offers financial advice lost R5m in the last year?

ponder

Honorary Master
Moneyweb has been running at a loss for a while, and not sure if the cost of the legal battle against Fin24 is included in these results yet.
Surely legal fees would be on the books, how else would one divorce it from the financials?

Arthur

Honorary Master
So a company that offers financial advice lost R5m in the last year?
The journalists offer the advice and are paid for it. The company publishes it. Different competencies.
Management seldom takes the advice of employees and stringers. As you of course know. ;)