Monster Crocodile Shot in Australia

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
A 4.5-metre crocodile shot after menacing children was so heavy a digger was needed to load it onto a pick-up truck, news reports from Australia's far-north city of Darwin said Tuesday.

Northern Territory Parks and Wildlife ranger Tommy Nichols supervised the trapping, shooting and loading at Palumpa, 240 kilometres south-west of Darwin.

"We had a report the other day that there was a large crocodile there that was menacing the kids," Nichols told national broadcaster ABC.

Locals said the reptile had been a worry for about two years, sometimes blocking off the causeway and preventing children from getting to school.

It was the second monster crocodile killed in the region this week. Another 4-metre whopper was harpooned near Borroloola after reports that it had attacked a horse.

Source : Sapa-dpa /pk
Date : 19 Mar 2013 10:17

Picture_croc130319facebook630.jpg

azbob

Honorary Master
Menacing the kids? What did it do? Steal their ice-cream and give them wedgies? :confused:

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Why shoot it ?

I can think of plenty of places that would be quite useful.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
What a waste of an awesome specimen. Surely they could have relocated it?

thestaggy

Honorary Master
LOL if only we lived on the same planet as you dude. Sadly we live on this one.

They put the effort into trapping it so they could shoot it. What is so hard about trapping it and moving it further away to an unpopulated area?

Last edited:

Datura

Captain Faptastic
They are trigger happy douche bags. Same response when that shark munched that moron. "Shoot it mate"

thatll_learn_ya_poster-ra65b323c30fc4052af156277040899a6_wi4_400.jpg

b_crazy

Expert Member
Theyput the effort into trapping it so they could shoot it. What is so hard about trapping it and moving it further away to an unpopulated area?

Maybe it was cheaper to just shoot it. If it was in a long river they would have had to drive it for hours and hours to find another spot, otherwise it would make it's own way back.

It would be nice to take it to a zoo, but a thing that size would probably only mean trouble and be upsetting to the other crocs?

Maybe? Maybe not? I don't know.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Maybe it was cheaper to just shoot it. If it was in a long river they would have had to drive it for hours and hours to find another spot, otherwise it would make it's own way back.

It would be nice to take it to a zoo, but a thing that size would probably only mean trouble and be upsetting to the other crocs?

Maybe? Maybe not? I don't know.

Something that size will more than likely QUICKLY establish itself as the main ou on the scene. So unless you have another croc that is as big or bigger, they rest will fall in line.

More than likely cost though, but c'mon. A tank or two of juice to preserve a sizeable individual, that's not bad.

P

Picard

Menacing the kids? What did it do? Steal their ice-cream and give them wedgies? :confused:

But you forget ... those are Aussie kids we're talking about here. They still breed them tough in the outback.

F1 Fan

Executive Member
Something that size will more than likely QUICKLY establish itself as the main ou on the scene. So unless you have another croc that is as big or bigger, they rest will fall in line.

More than likely cost though, but c'mon. A tank or two of juice to preserve a sizeable individual, that's not bad.

You forgetting about feeding it, medical care etc..

killadoob

Honorary Master
The stuff of nightmares.

Nightmares? It's an animal, you watch too many bloody movies bud. Beautiful animal that we slaughtered for no fking reason.

Ahhhhh i am scared of an animal equally as scared yet we can kill it with ease. The horror is when that animal is being tracked and trapped by humans.

Myboom

Oi Mate! I recon they forgot about their pal Croc Dundee.

crocodile-dundee-1.jpg

Famous last words:

Michael J. "Crocodile" Dundee: Of course it took me a week to crawl this far. I thought I was a goner. I said to meself, "Mick old son, find yourself a nice comfortable spot and lay down and die".
Sue Charlton: Weren't you afraid?
Michael J. "Crocodile" Dundee: Of dying? Nah. I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God, we'd be mates.

and quote no.2:

Sue Charlton: That croc was going to eat me alive.
Michael J. "Crocodile" Dundee: Well, I wouldn't hold that against him. Same thought crossed my mind once or twice.

Kinda ironic how the it had to be the Ausies that killed shuch a magnificent creature.