Monthly Solar Production - Show us yours

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
My installer also added a fee for a COC on his quote (install hopefully next week depending on battery availability). I expect that the COC is limited to the area of the electrical installation that he would be working on, ie the DB Board and surrounds. No way he'll be inspecting the whole house.

Oh I have no problem with it being there, it makes perfect sense.

It’s the fact that it’s the same cost as doing the whole house and therefore either I expect not to need the original or for it not to be applicable.

Because now it’s all double.

neoprema

Executive Member
The PI connects to a network port on the sunsynk. Then to your existing wifi. Then you open it on a tablet or phone from anywhere.

But with the wifi dongle, yes, use the solarman app. Also anywhere
This Solarman app is rubbish - it doesn't support tablets? So you run it and get this tiny little window in the middle lol.

Guess i'm gonna have to try the PI connecting to the network port on Sunsynk approach. Is this just a normal network connection? Ethernet to Ethernet, not some kind of USB->Serial port over Ethernet?

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
This Solarman app is rubbish - it doesn't support tablets? So you run it and get this tiny little window in the middle lol.

Guess i'm gonna have to try the PI connecting to the network port on Sunsynk approach. Is this just a normal network connection? Ethernet to Ethernet, not some kind of USB->Serial port over Ethernet?
If you're using the RS232 for the Sunsynk logger (which you need to keep so that your inverter's firmware can be updated), then you'll need to use the RS485 port for your PI.

You can get the cable on the Solar Assistant site...

W@P

Expert Member
I suspect I’m going to have to pay someone then.

But either way seems weird you’d need the old one when one is being issued for new work completed separately.
Yes my installer that issued the COC asked for my original COC. He then added his work to my original COC.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

Android problems?

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
No power since 3am in the area. 0 kWh purchased. Battery down to 80% because it started clouding over at 3:30pm. Might have to be an early night to get to sunrise.

Only downside is no hot water for tomorrow. Might have to move the geyser to essentials and run it during the day...

Screenshot_20220513-172604_SOLARMAN Business.jpg

Mzezman

Expert Member
Yeah think I'm gonna have to move it over. We'll just have to add insulation and adjust our shower schedule.

Cable theft and area outages are becoming common enough for it to suck without hot water. Can any electrician do it?
They should yes... it might require moving the breaker but it should be straightforward

Aghori

Honorary Master

I just threw this in the basement and asked the electrician to wire it up. No problems ever - you gotta give it a service every o often though.

initroot

Has anyone encountered the below. Since installing my setup, I have an old Efergy monitor which says I'm averaging around 150w more than what my Sunsynk is reporting I'm using on the grid.
The funny thing is they almost connected on the same line and was expecting the exact same results.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Has anyone encountered the below. Since installing my setup, I have an old Efergy monitor which says I'm averaging around 150w more than what my Sunsynk is reporting I'm using on the grid.
The funny thing is they almost connected on the same line and was expecting the exact same results.
Sounds about right, the inverter consumes about 150W to power itself.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master

I just threw this in the basement and asked the electrician to wire it up. No problems ever - you gotta give it a service every o often though.
For R150k? Hectic. What do you use it to power?

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Yeah think I'm gonna have to move it over. We'll just have to add insulation and adjust our shower schedule.

Cable theft and area outages are becoming common enough for it to suck without hot water. Can any electrician do it?
Just do what I did. Put the geyser on a changeover switch, either Eskom or Inverter. Then you can change it whenever you like. The switch is only R300.

Snyper564

Honorary Master
1st in as the sun is almost done. its winter but its my top production month so far

Had a few very very overcast days and needed 50 odd kw but otherwise all good

Topping up geysers midday to make the most of the excess power.

System details:
4x hubbles AM2
8kw Sunsynk
12X535w Solar panels

1654004993191.png

1654004964754.png

1654005058893.png

Last edited:

BigBear

Expert Member
Code:
3x5Easy,30/295,10kwRevov