Monthly Solar Production - Show us yours

Feb was a good month in terms of Grid usage.

Municipal account for units used should be about R635. Pity about the MCB surcharge that's R765, ex vat.

1646804192782.png

With the kak weather and load shedding, are you guys going to be charging from the grid today?

With the kak weather and load shedding, are you guys going to be charging from the grid today?

Nope. Only charging from grid after 5pm. Yesterday during a 3 hour load shedding stint, my batteries dropped only 4%.

Nope. Only charging from grid after 5pm. Yesterday during a 3 hour load shedding stint, my batteries dropped only 4%.
I think if you live in an area not prone to other powercuts then you can take this approach.

In Wilgeheuwel, with stage4, this rain, and the christian de wet substation you take caution. Put in a good solar system because of backup power more so than money saving.

We had 1x 44hr outage, 1x 30hr outage, 1x 24hr outage in the last 6 weeks. And couple to the amount of brownouts and just odd cuts here and there, we either had to move or install solar.

I think if you live in an area not prone to other powercuts then you can take this approach.

In Wilgeheuwel, with stage4, this rain, and the christian de wet substation you take caution. Put in a good solar system because of backup power more so than money saving.

We had 1x 44hr outage, 1x 30hr outage, 1x 24hr outage in the last 6 weeks. And couple to the amount of brownouts and just odd cuts here and there, we either had to move or install solar.
This is correct.... I'm waiting for the "peter road" issue to emerge.

Had to go up to 50% this morning from grid - but panels are now covering the base load and putting some back into the battery (tiny amount albeit)

This is correct.... I'm waiting for the "peter road" issue to emerge.

Had to go up to 50% this morning from grid - but panels are now covering the base load and putting some back into the battery (tiny amount albeit)
Exact same here

I bumped mine up briefly by 23% (2.4K).
Turns out i didnt need to bump it up - managed to cover baseload even though completely overcast.. now getting cloud edge effect so pumping almost 3kw from panels. Batteries should be fully charged by 12:30. I haven't run the pool pump / dishwasher though

1646820201211.png

Turns out i didnt need to bump it up - managed to cover baseload even though completely overcast.. now getting cloud edge effect so pumping almost 3kw from panels. Batteries should be fully charged by 12:30. I haven't run the pool pump / dishwasher though

View attachment 1262762
No cloud edge here, just totally overcast.

I'm at 80% now, and I guess that I could have made it, but I'm making hot water for tomorrow's shower now and R4.50 is a small price to pay for one.

1646824712100.png

Back