Moral debate with myself regarding where my vote must go to in next election.

Drake2007

Expert Member
Moral debate aside, the DA is the only part that has the power to really stick it to the ANC.

For that reason, I will continue to vote DA. Not because I agree with their endless PR stuff ups over the last year, but because change is always healthy.

The ANC has had it too good for too long and is rotten to the core. If the DA starts winning more wards, the ANC will be driven to start cleaning up shop and performing better. The DA will be motivated and driven to win more.

For me, that's a win win.
For myself ,that there is the whole problem I have with the DA. They don't actually stick it to the ANC.
It seems that all they are capable of is to just whinge and whine.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Out of interest....do we know yet the date for the elections or when the date will be announced?

Zoomzoom

Expert Member
For myself ,that there is the whole problem I have with the DA. They don't actually stick it to the ANC.
It seems that all they are capable of is to just whinge and whine.
This is why I think they are hypocrites of the first water.

They talk one way while walking entirely another.

I will play a game with you - pick a headline, any headline, in which the DA complains about something the ANC has done, then I challenge you to find ANY evidence of ANY kind that they did a single about it about it beyond use the situation for political aggrandizement.

https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/gauteng/da-complains-to-police-over-sexual-abuse-of-learners-at-soweto-school-13856991

The DA in Gauteng handed over a memorandum to police about sexual abuse claims of learners at a Soweto school allegedly at the hands of an investigating officer. ANnnnnnddddd .... the guy accused of the crime gets off, there is no investigation into the cop(s) accused of also molesting the victims from the first crime and the DA does nothing further to stay involved in the case.

https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/da-complains-about-sabc-again-2027644

DA complains about SABC again. Have the DA ever done anything about the SABC? Brought a case? Brought evidence? No?

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/broadcasting/215720-da-in-bid-to-find-out-who-misled-sabc-inquiry.html

DA in bid to find out who misled the SABC enquiry ... and not a word more about it after that.

http://www.polity.org.za/article/da-to-bring-hate-speech-complaint-against-malema-2018-03-01

DA to (future tense) bring a complaint against Malema. Do they? Nope. It is left to the SANEF to bring charges against Malema 9 months later.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/politics/2018-12-19-sanef-charges-malema-eff-with-hate-speech-and-intimidation-of-journalists/

And so it goes. Go on please play this game, it is such fun to see how the DA says they are going to do one thing, and then really really don't.

Zoomzoom

Expert Member
Seriously? How about an independent opinion on that 'fact'.

Voters need to know that in just two years, the DA-run coalition government in Johannesburg has saved residents over R18bn by terminating corrupt contracts of the previous administration. It has cut wasteful expenditure by R480m per annum, allowing it to triple the spend on repairs and maintenance of city infrastructure and to recruit an additional 1,500 JMPD officers to fight crime.
https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/national/2018-05-30-eff-pulls-the-plug-on-joburg-mayor-herman-mashabas-price-hikes/

https://www.moneyweb.co.za/news/south-africa/help-my-property-valuation-has-quadrupled/

Savings?

Property rates will increase by 6.2%, slightly higher than the 5.9% the ANC offered last year. Electricity costs will increase by an average of 2.28%, but that will increase based on how much a consumer uses. Water will cost an average of 12.2% more, with indigent households receiving 10 to 15 kilolitres free each month, higher than the national recommendation of six kilolitres. But, the budget introduced a new tariff non-indigent households will see an increase of R42 per month to their water bills. The city aims to use this tariff to raise R320-million in revenue to fund infrastructure. Waste removal will increase by an average of 6.2%.
All depends on how you spin the BS right?

Zoomzoom

Expert Member
So you saying Stats SA, Auditor General and SACMEQ aren't independent? Okay...
Are you trying to tell me that political parties don't lie? And/or that the DA doesn't have good accountants? Of the Steinhoff variety?

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
DA posters started going up yesterday in Parkhurst. Drove past their car as they were putting them up on the street poles.

krycor

Honorary Master
This is why I think they are hypocrites of the first water.

They talk one way while walking entirely another.

I will play a game with you - pick a headline, any headline, in which the DA complains about something the ANC has done, then I challenge you to find ANY evidence of ANY kind that they did a single about it about it beyond use the situation for political aggrandizement.

https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/gauteng/da-complains-to-police-over-sexual-abuse-of-learners-at-soweto-school-13856991

The DA in Gauteng handed over a memorandum to police about sexual abuse claims of learners at a Soweto school allegedly at the hands of an investigating officer. ANnnnnnddddd .... the guy accused of the crime gets off, there is no investigation into the cop(s) accused of also molesting the victims from the first crime and the DA does nothing further to stay involved in the case.

https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/da-complains-about-sabc-again-2027644

DA complains about SABC again. Have the DA ever done anything about the SABC? Brought a case? Brought evidence? No?

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/broadcasting/215720-da-in-bid-to-find-out-who-misled-sabc-inquiry.html

DA in bid to find out who misled the SABC enquiry ... and not a word more about it after that.

http://www.polity.org.za/article/da-to-bring-hate-speech-complaint-against-malema-2018-03-01

DA to (future tense) bring a complaint against Malema. Do they? Nope. It is left to the SANEF to bring charges against Malema 9 months later.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/politics/2018-12-19-sanef-charges-malema-eff-with-hate-speech-and-intimidation-of-journalists/

And so it goes. Go on please play this game, it is such fun to see how the DA says they are going to do one thing, and then really really don't.
Quick question.. who is in charge of pursuing criminal charges in SA. Who is in charge of following up on civil employees? Who appoints the watch dogs and who has the majority vote in determining these people.

Now ask yourself these questions you asked again.

To me, I agree they expose a lot, complain but action is determined by organizations that the ruling party constituted.. that’s why the scorpions are disbanded, hawks are constantly undermined, NPA was a joke, Public protector went quiet and pushed things beyond her mandate.. need I go on?

Who appoints SABC boards? Who is undermining the board lately? Which party do they answer to?

Zoomzoom

Expert Member
Quick question.. who is in charge of pursuing criminal charges in SA. Who is in charge of following up on civil employees? Who appoints the watch dogs and who has the majority vote in determining these people.

Now ask yourself these questions you asked again.

To me, I agree they expose a lot, complain but action is determined by organizations that the ruling party constituted.. that’s why the scorpions are disbanded, hawks are constantly undermined, NPA was a joke, Public protector went quiet and pushed things beyond her mandate.. need I go on?

Who appoints SABC boards? Who is undermining the board lately? Which party do they answer to?
Oh please as if those are the only avenue to pursue wrongdoing. And it is not as if those organisations don't pursue things. And it helps if there is constant public noise about issues they do have before them.

Please supply evidence of where the DA actually brought any evidence to bear on any case they have knowledge of, pursued it to the end, and kept up public pressure?

And don't tell me they don't know a TON of stuff. They sit on the committees, they are privy to the inner workings of all municipalities, right up to the top level of government. Unless they are 'see no evil, hear no evil' in every single transaction they are privy to, they know how stuff goes down. So let's be really kind and say that they have the resources to act on ... 10% of that ... show me where they have seen something through to the end?

Ok I'll be really fair - 1% ...come on, can't be hard to find cases where the DA has brought evidence and pressure to bear on a case of corruption - besides one or two times blowing their own righteousness horn in the press and then forgetting about it.

they are hypocrites.

Marcell1992

A lot of hate is shown towards the VF+ because of alleged white supremacy in the party, can someone please link my articles to back these claims?

I don't know much about COPE, but they might get my vote for sake of numbers against ANC.

rambo919

Expert Member
IF the DA ever miraculously wins the ANC/EFF/etc will simply "continue the struggle".... these people are generally sore loosers.

VF+ has never indicated actual white supremacy or racism the allegations are mere mud slinging and we all know it. Same as with Afriforum.

Neva trusted COPE neva will, might be paranoia but Lakota seems very slippery...... still they cannot be worse than the ANC. My prediction is they will head a contending coalition with a chance of a large percentage.

C4Cat

Executive Member
A lot of hate is shown towards the VF+ because of alleged white supremacy in the party, can someone please link my articles to back these claims?

I don't know much about COPE, but they might get my vote for sake of numbers against ANC.
You only have to look at the Leadership of the VF+ to see who's relevant to them. They are quite open about putting needs and desires Afrikaners above everyone else. They give a token nod to 'other communities' as an afterthought. I don't know about the white supremacy but they sure look like a party of white people for white people.

Zoomzoom

Expert Member
You only have to look at the Leadership of the VF+ to see who's relevant to them. They are quite open about putting needs and desires Afrikaners above everyone else. They give a token nod to 'other communities' as an afterthought. I don't know about the white supremacy but they sure look like a party of white Afrikaans people for white Afrikaans people.
FTFY

Marcell1992

You only have to look at the Leadership of the VF+ to see who's relevant to them. They are quite open about putting needs and desires Afrikaners above everyone else. They give a token nod to 'other communities' as an afterthought. I don't know about the white supremacy but they sure look like a party of white people for white people.
They're open about putting white people first because of the unfair treatment we've been getting lately and the lack of justice like prosecution of the BLF leader yelling to kill all white people and their dogs. Also why look at the color of a leader? With that logic no party should be a leader because they don't have an Indian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Hispanic, colored and and and... member in their party or as part of their leaders.

Them doing what you call a "token nod" is most probably way more than any other party does.