More bad news for load-shedding today after evening peak demand hits highest level yet

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member

VooDooC

Expert Member
The incompetence is mind blowing, it's even laughable how useless these guys are. 27 years of ANC rule brought us this and its just going to get worse.

And if your think this is bad, just wait until those EFF cnuts get a chance at running the show...

Lupus

Honorary Master
Demand might actually start dropping tonight, temperatures throughout Gauteng are said to rise.

Herr der Verboten

Executive Member
More bad news for load-shedding today after evening peak demand hits highest level yet

Eskom will increase load-shedding from stage 2 to stage 3 on Thursday after further breakdowns at three power stations.

The utility yesterday implemented stage 4 load-shedding for 8 hours, but moved back to stage 2 at 22:00, as it previously communicated it would.

However, shortly after this, it announced that more breakdowns had occurred at the Kusile, Matla, and Tutuka coal power stations.
Slow day at mybb. Lets wors masjien die eskom articles :thumbsup:

friedpiggy

Expert Member
I would be super interested in seeing a graph of when loadshedding due to "breakdowns" happened versus the times that the unions were in wage negotiations or there was some scandal the ANC was wanting to go away. Should make for a fascinating insight into the whole shedding situation.

Neuk_

Executive Member
Oh FFS. Now we being load shedded again from 18:00 tonight. Same as last night. :mad:

Maybe, maybe not, we'll have to see what City Power decides to do :rolleyes: We were meant to be load shed this morning from 06:00 - 08:30 but weren't.

eg2505

Honorary Master
behold!!!

the end result of voting for the ANC,
I do hope people remember the cold/darkness next time they go to vote and let a bunch of Criminals/ thieves run the show.

they begged for this, they got down on their hands and Knees and said lets give the ANC another chance.
they took the free t-shirts and KFC and went to cheer for the thieves and his convict friends.

zero sympathy honestly, used it all up with their antics.

MightyQuin

Not amused...

Eskom will increase load-shedding from stage 2 to stage 3 on Thursday after further breakdowns at three power stations.

The utility yesterday implemented stage 4 load-shedding for 8 hours, but moved back to stage 2 at 22:00, as it previously communicated it would.

However, shortly after this, it announced that more breakdowns had occurred at the Kusile, Matla, and Tutuka coal power stations.
If that useless suspended kunt at Koeberg did his job, we would not be in this situation now...

Lupus

Honorary Master
Maybe, maybe not, we'll have to see what City Power decides to do :rolleyes: We were meant to be load shed this morning from 06:00 - 08:30 but weren't.
Stage? Remember 3 only started at 8am.

Lupus

Honorary Master
If that useless suspended kunt at Koeberg did his job, we would not be in this situation now...
If they had actually had Kusile and Medupi working we wouldn't be in this issue, but the 2 "new" ones are constantly down. Also 900MW from Koeberg would only give us one less stage, I also see that our international imports are down as well, wonder if there are issues in Mozambique? Because yes contrary to believe SA imports about 1500MW from Moz.

Neuk_

Executive Member
Stage? Remember 3 only started at 8am.

Stage 2 and 3 are the same for Parkhurst according to EskomSePush and I checked the City Power website which reported the same.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
If they had actually had Kusile and Medupi working we wouldn't be in this issue, but the 2 "new" ones are constantly down. Also 900MW from Koeberg would only give us one less stage, I also see that our international imports are down as well, wonder if there are issues in Mozambique? Because yes contrary to believe SA imports about 1500MW from Moz.
Yup, only <700MW. I think there are water shortages at Cahora Basa dam so we only getting aroun 50% of the imports.
1623308942885.png

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member

How much is exported to zim, there might be a few stages lower to recover to at the expense of that country.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Have a look at the @Simps4Cyril Twitter account for some laughs...