More Medupi delays as officials fight

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
A crucial water supply to Eskom’s Medupi power station looks set to be delayed
Alarmist headlines, to find halfway through the article that it refers to a possible bottleneck in 2023.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Not sure whether to laugh or cry at these clowns. It's almost as if they look for innovative ways to delay this project.

Seriously

Honorary Master
Alarmist headlines, to find halfway through the article that it refers to a possible bottleneck in 2023.
Just remember thats coincident with the date I expect a miracle for the Medupi station to maybe come online.

the director-general was being targeted because of her anti-corruption
stance
Why am I not at all surprised?

Last edited:

Sonic2k

Executive Member
This is being deliberately done, either for financial gain (bribes) or to make the voters desperate to keep Zooma in power

Skerminkel

Expert Member
TCTA is not a contractor. They are an implementing agent for large water projects on behalf of the Dept. of Water and Sanitation. These include mega projects such as the Lesotho Highlands Water Scheme and the Mokolo Crocodile Water Augmentation Project. The difference between TCTA and DWS as implementing agent is that TCTA can lend money on the public market. In a way they are similar to SANRAL, although they have not been stupid enough to think they can be a primary provider of services to the public.

I agree with previous comments. Stupid article was copied and pasted stupidly.

furpile

Expert Member
That's true, but going by the track record of "contractors" working for the government it might take them more than 10 years to finish the project. So if they don't get going...

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
That's true, but going by the track record of "contractors" working for the government it might take them more than 10 years to finish the project. So if they don't get going...
I agree. Experience with Eskom is that alarms need to be raised now to reduce (not eliminate) delays in future decades. In that sense, it's excellent journalism

It's just that the headline seems crafted to give the impression the imminent Medupi synch would be further delayed.