More religious debates

mancombseepgood

Executive Member
*yawn*
Sorry - was just thinking how people who debate their take on other people's beliefs are just so boring.

How about someone starting a debate about what they believe, not what they think everyone else should not believe...
Any takers ? :D

Last edited:

Neo

Expert Member
*yawn*
Sorry - was just thinking how people who debate their take on other people's beliefs are just so boring.

How about someone starting a debate about what they believe, not what they think everyone else should not believe...
I believe one of the mods should merge all the 'religion' threads into one. They're all there for douwdouw's benefit in any case :D

Mr TB

Banned
the satisfaction for old douwdouw lies in the fact that he is learning why people find it difficult to believe god.

douwdouw also understand that the first attack reasontly is prove... although the same problem presents itself in other theories...

douwdouw also realised every person believe either in the Living god or in science, or evolution etc... meaning there are only two gods the living god and idols.

So if you don't worship the Living god you worship idols....

Pitbull

Verboten
I honestly get borred

with People argueing about faith and all this.....*yawn*

Claymore

Executive Member
the satisfaction for old douwdouw lies in the fact that he is learning why people find it difficult to believe god.
Yup. Most non-believers are very rational. Approaching them with irrational arguments is not a good way to convince them.

douwdouw also realised every person believe either in the Living god or in science, or evolution etc... meaning there are only two gods the living god and idols.

So if you don't worship the Living god you worship idols....
Rubbish. Do you believe in science? You must, to some degree, because you are posting on the fruits of science, the internet. That presumably means you worship science, yes?

Mr TB

Banned
What Is Your God?

Or, like me, you worship nothing. Because nothing is worth worshiping.
you really don't get it hey? "nothing" is your god.

Can't you see it you are worshiping the idol called "nothing"

you get it now?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Claymore... its a concept i think is beyond douwdouw... can't grasp the concept that we don't worship, or blindly accept this "god" concept that is bandied about.

I am talking for me here, but I will accept a god when I personally have tangible evidence of such an entity existing.

frenchi6625

you are god, i am god, we are all one, we are all connected. religion is manmade. god is everywhere, everyone, everything. you need to be very quiet to hear it.

Mr TB

Banned
Toxicbunny

Claymore... its a concept i think is beyond douwdouw... can't grasp the concept that we don't worship, or blindly accept this "god" concept that is bandied about.

I am talking for me here, but I will accept a god when I personally have tangible evidence of such an entity existing.
How on earth do you come to the conclusion that i just blindly accept, you have no idea what you are talking about... You must be insane to say something like that. You make a stupid assumption... Does not tell me much about you as person in anycase...

Your faith is in man dear TOXIBUNNY and you head is flat if you can't figure it out for youselves...

Claymore

Executive Member
Your faith is in man dear TOXIBUNNY and you head is flat if you can't figure it out for youselves...
I can't speak for Toxicbunny, but my faith is in myself. I trust my own capabilities. I also put faith in those people I know and trust.

If I put my trust into some mythical deity, as I did as a child, I would have been disappointed many times over (as I was).

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
douwdouw : You HAVE to blindly accept "god" please show me the tangible evidence that he exists.... since there is no such tangible evidence, then your accepting of his existence is blind.

No my faith is not in man, my faith like Claymore said is in myself, period. I occasionally have faith in people I know and trust, but then I give that faith out very very rarely. I used to believe in this mythical deity you call "god" and I was disappointed one time to many for me to continue believing in the sham that is religion.

guest2013-1

The problem is just that... people who believe in something normally try others to believe in the same thing or else it gets put aside as "wrong" or "from satan" or whatever they want to call it.

If all the religion (which preaches peace and tolerance) did just that (be tolerant and peaceful towards others) then we wouldn't have a problem or a debate.

I don't care what your beliefs are you're just another person with a soul and a personality that does human things. screw the rest

Mr TB

Banned
douwdouw : You HAVE to blindly accept "god" please show me the tangible evidence that he exists.... since there is no such tangible evidence, then your accepting of his existence is blind.

No my faith is not in man, my faith like Claymore said is in myself, period. I occasionally have faith in people I know and trust, but then I give that faith out very very rarely. I used to believe in this mythical deity you call "god" and I was disappointed one time to many for me to continue believing in the sham that is religion.
So then TOXICBUNNY you admit your god is "I", what "I" say is right there is no place for arguments period...

Presenting evidence to "I" is actually useless because "I" believe what "I" want...useless to argue with you to...

Nod

Executive Member
So then TOXICBUNNY you admit your god is "I", what "I" say is right there is no place for arguments period...

Presenting evidence to "I" is actually useless because "I" believe what "I" want...useless to argue with you to...
There was no admittance to being a god, simply that TB believed in himself. You don't have to be a god to believe in yourself, anybody can do that, no superior power required.

Syndyre

Honorary Master

No he's saying he has self-confidence, don't you?

Mr TB

Banned
No he's saying he has self-confidence, don't you?
Self-confidence?

Listen to this , I am the most pwerful guy in a room - even - if the president of the USA wil be in that room...

Arrogance or self confidence- can you explain this one to me?