More religious debates

LoneGunman

Expert Member
"The most ridiculous concept ever perpetrated by Homo Sapiens is that
the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of the Universes, wants the
sacharrine adoration of his creations, that he can be persuaded by their
prayers, and becomes petulant if he does not recieve this flattery.
Yet this ridiculous notion, without one real shred of evidence to bolster it,
has gone on to found one of the oldest, largest and least productive
industries in history."

(Robert Heinlein)

Yes the original reference was to Judaism i.e the religion of Jews. Jews have good reason to oppose christ. He claimed to be the messiah without fulfilling the necesary prophecies, and he contradicted the Law which the Torah/ New Testament tells us cannot be done.
Judaism missed the bus... christ indeed fulfilled the prophecy... CHRIST was just not the type of KING they were looking for... with his first visit to earth christ redeemed creation...

When christ comes again he will be the KING they are looking for...

READ REVELATION

"The most ridiculous concept ever perpetrated by Homo Sapiens is that
the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of the Universes, wants the
sacharrine adoration of his creations, that he can be persuaded by their
prayers, and becomes petulant if he does not recieve this flattery.
Yet this ridiculous notion, without one real shred of evidence to bolster it,
has gone on to found one of the oldest, largest and least productive
industries in history."

(Robert Heinlein)
Least productive-i tend to disagree-follow the history of Abraham and who benefited due to his faith...

Isaac- nations spread from him.-christianity-the industrial revulotion.

Ishmael- nations spread from him-the arabs if you miss the point.-Riches under their control-oil?

In the beginning of the 1900's their was the industrial revolution, but with it god's word spread from country to country?

In KOREA a certain church employees' (christian) are trusted because they are dedicated and productive...

Without evidence? Well, if you refuse do acknowledge the evidence as true and you let wool be pulled over your eyes like in the case OJ SIMPSON obviously you will "no evidence"

Oh so now Jews are wrong?... you judge them based on your faith or theirs?
Did i ever declare the fact that they deny the NT as correct?
Does the fact that i say a thing somebody else do mean i am his judge?
If that is your logic you are judging all the time...

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Judaism missed the bus... christ indeed fulfilled the prophecy...
From my understanding, those prophecies are in the OT, therefore you're saying the Jews ignore the most important book in their own religion.

EXAMPLE

You tell me you are an atheist.
You are telling me god does not exist.
If i ask you then are you telling me god does not exist?
Your answer, not being a hipocrate will be yes, are you now my judge?
You don't know what a judge is TOXIBUNNY...

From my understanding, those prophecies are in the OT, therefore you're saying the Jews ignore the most important book in their own religion.
They misinterpreted or misunderstood in the very same you are doing and some were ignorant. Thinking about it you fall in the latter group...

LoneGunman

Expert Member
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic
is no more to the point than the fact that a
drunken man is happier than a sober one."

-George Bernard Shaw

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
No, I am not judging you if I say God doesn't exist, because thats MY belief, not yours. If I said believing in god was stupid and moronic, THEN i'd be judging you.

You on the other hand ARE judging people and their choices in a belief system.

No, I am not judging you if I say God doesn't exist, because thats MY belief, not yours. If I said believing in god was stupid and moronic, THEN i'd be judging you.

You on the other hand ARE judging people and their choices in a belief system.
Ooooh, now i starting to understand you very childish aches and pains...
If you were debating with me in "that language" i will also soon be able to pin you for pettiness, not using "that language" perfectly...
If you noticed i very early in my debating declared i have nothing against people but against there acts...
According to above explanation by you i am then not judging people...

You have a hipocratical view... you JUDGED Lot, not seeing how GOD can accept LOT in his family... You although you can use this language perfectly judged LOT, did you not?

Nick333

Honorary Master
Ooooh, now i starting to understand you very childish aches and pains...
If you were debating with me in "that language" i will also soon be able to pin you for pettiness, not using "that language" perfectly...
If you noticed i very early in my debating declared i have nothing against people but against there acts...
According to above explanation by you i am then not judging people...

You have a hipocratical view... you JUDGED Lot, not seeing how GOD can accept LOT in his family... You although you can use this language perfectly judged LOT, did you not?
Oh chri5t here we go.
Somebody give dodo his pills before he starts foaming.

Thank you, however TOXIBUNNY, for the lecture in your language. I now realise why it was confusing when i was blamed for judging people...

I am certainly no-ones judge and NICK333 may be you should read
EX 20v1-17.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Thank you, however TOXIBUNNY, for the lecture in your language. I now realise why it was confusing when i was blamed for judging people...

I am certainly no-ones judge and NICK333 may be you should read
EX 20v1-17.
He ain't the lord my god.

He ain't the lord my god.
Why are you fuming in the first place?
A true atheist will never use god's name, not even in vain...
Do it, it recognising his existence... the very same thing you are denying...

Lastly TOXIBUNNY i wish you well in your effort to ensure that every person when speaking ensure he/she is religiously correct...

Nick333

Honorary Master
Why are you fuming in the first place?
A true atheist will never use god's name, not even in vain...
Do it, it recognising his existence... the very same thing you are denying...
Oh yes a true atheist who abides by the Big Book of Acceptable Atheist Behaviour which is published by The Atheist Authority.

Did you see that movie where the Easter Bunny , Santa Claus and an intelligent Christian Fundamentalist called Dodo where... oh **** I just mentioned the names of some fictional characters, they must all now exist.

Don't be a ****tard your whole life dodo.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
douwdouw : if you wish to debate in this language, you need to have a fairly basic grasp of the language and how context can alter the meaning of what you are saying. If you do not wish to appear as thought you are judging someone, then word it as such, or say that you aren't before making your statements...

Geriatrix

Executive Member
Oh yes a true atheist who abides by the Big Book of Acceptable Atheist Behaviour which is published by The Atheist Authority.

Did you see that movie where the Easter Bunny , Santa Claus and an intelligent Christian Fundamentalist called Dodo where... oh **** I just mentioned the names of some fictional characters, they must all now exist.

Don't be a ****tard your whole life dodo.
Nick, I'm not sure your sarcasm would be understood. I suspect it'll be too subtle.
Basic sentence structures and concepts seem to escape this guy.