More religious debates

LoneGunman

Expert Member
naa, this troll understands, he's just able to keep on arguing and getting attention, by pretending to 'not understand' - thus dragging out and changing the arguments over and over..

Claymore

Executive Member
Least productive-i tend to disagree-follow the history of Abraham and who benefited due to his faith...
Who? Certainly not hundreds of generations of people harmed by religious blood rituals, that's for sure.

Isaac- nations spread from him.-christianity-the industrial revulotion.
O RLY? Did you invent that all on your own?

icyrus

Executive Member
Do it, it recognising his existence... the very same thing you are denying...
Yeah because everytime I say unicorn I am recognizing its existence. The same with santa, the easter bunny, the tooth fairy and your common sense.

Yeah because everytime I say unicorn I am recognizing its existence. The same with santa, the easter bunny, the tooth fairy and your common sense.
Any fable written about them with ten commands in it ,and i think the seventh commandment the one that prohibit you from using their names in vain?

I searched the world wide web, did not find any... maybe you should write us one...

simple_simon

Expert Member
oh my goodness, i went on holiday and came back and now see that dodo is still around.

there are no 10 comandments....its an imaginary story created by former governments/people in power....which happened to be the church

LoneGunman

Expert Member
THE REAL TEN COMMANDMENTS

# Thou shalt shut thy mouth when politely asked, and not drone on endlessly.
# Thou shalt not use circular arguments, such as "God exists, because the Bible sayeth so, and the Bible is True because it is God's Word."
# Thou shalt notice when thy audience is bored rigid. See Commandment 1.
# Thou shalt not use a cop-out such as "God worketh in mysterious ways" when backed into a corner by thine own convoluted logic.
# Thou shalt use thine own imagination, and not just quote from the Bible all the time.
# Thou shalt not tell atheists what they believe, nor that thy God loveth them.
# Thou shalt not get upset by jokes about thy God. He is big enough and old enough to looketh after himself.
# Thou shalt not define how thy God worketh. Thou canst not know.
# Thou shalt not state that the Bible is consistent and hath no contradictions. Thou wouldst be a fool to doeth so.
# Thou shalt not say Grace without also thanking the farmers, truck-drivers and shopkeepers that actually did the work required to get your food to the table.

-toady-

Expert Member
THE REAL TEN COMMANDMENTS

# Thou shalt shut thy mouth when politely asked, and not drone on endlessly.
# Thou shalt not use circular arguments, such as "God exists, because the Bible sayeth so, and the Bible is True because it is God's Word."
# Thou shalt notice when thy audience is bored rigid. See Commandment 1.
# Thou shalt not use a cop-out such as "God worketh in mysterious ways" when backed into a corner by thine own convoluted logic.
# Thou shalt use thine own imagination, and not just quote from the Bible all the time.
# Thou shalt not tell atheists what they believe, nor that thy God loveth them.
# Thou shalt not get upset by jokes about thy God. He is big enough and old enough to looketh after himself.
# Thou shalt not define how thy God worketh. Thou canst not know.
# Thou shalt not state that the Bible is consistent and hath no contradictions. Thou wouldst be a fool to doeth so.
# Thou shalt not say Grace without also thanking the farmers, truck-drivers and shopkeepers that actually did the work required to get your food to the table.*

Thweet! :D

Ok TOADY, lets look at your last commandment...

I need not thank a single one of them... why will you?

I paid a stack of bugs for the food on my table so f**k them...

texo

Expert Member

I laughed anew at every one of the three sentences in this post.
God, you're priceless, dodo! :D

oh my goodness, i went on holiday and came back and now see that dodo is still around.

there are no 10 comandments....its an imaginary story created by former governments/people in power....which happened to be the church
heh - i am sure most of israel will object.

Douwdouw, if you paid a stack for your food, then would you give God thanks?

-toady-

Expert Member
*You on the other hand ARE judging people and their choices in a belief system.*

Chill douwdouw..... i actually found LG's version of the 10 commandments very diverting and chose to voice my amusement.... nothing more nothing less....
and being the way I am I actually think thanking the farmers and truck drivers etc isnt a bad idea at all ....

toady :D

Nick333

Honorary Master

Peter: " Lord who shall we thank for the bounty upon this table?"

J3sus: "Why the Lord your God of course."

Peter: "And what of the farmer who toils in the fields to provide for us?"

J3sus: " Hey we paid for this food! F@ck those guys. "

recorded conversation between peter and J3sus when he was being crucified:

Christ: Peter!
Peter: Yes my Lord
Christ: I can see your house from here.

:D

Douwdouw, if you paid a stack for your food, then would you give God thanks?
Found it!, they hide it! of course i thank him because everything belongs to him! Even the bugs i earned to pay for that food belongs to him, yes i thank him !

*You on the other hand ARE judging people and their choices in a belief system.*

Chill douwdouw..... i actually found LG's version of the 10 commandments very diverting and chose to voice my amusement.... nothing more nothing less....
and being the way I am I actually think thanking the farmers and truck drivers etc isnt a bad idea at all ....

toady :D
Now TOADY, if you catch on to my reply to DEBBY2, you will realise saying grace, thanking god is giving credit to every single hand involved in making that food available...

Peter: " Lord who shall we thank for the bounty upon this table?"

J3sus: "Why the Lord your God of course."

Peter: "And what of the farmer who toils in the fields to provide for us?"

J3sus: " Hey we paid for this food! F@ck those guys. "
And you? You of course lost the plot completely, thanking god includes those toiling in the fields...

rendan

LOL Halicon.. your gonna piss off a couple of people here..... thats even harsher than how south park treats j3sus..

I also heard someone post and say that if u believe in idols you dont believe in the living god (or something like that). Where did you hear about that crap from?
Well, me on the other hand,dont really believe in religion.... man made belief that people in power (church, elders, clerics, whatever) made up so they could have control.