More South Africans will likely quit their jobs and emigrate in the coming months: expert

Solitude

Executive Member
One of my best friends will be emigrating soon and my brother in law is also busy emigrating. Now if I, a non-social person, know of two people who will be emigrating soon then chances are that there's many more that's going.

cguy

Executive Member
The overall crime rate in the city I'm moving to, is equal to the murder rate in Jhb. It's not isolated to townships.
That ignorant trope we responded to originates from a poor understanding of the statistics involved. Crime tends to be higher in certain areas and lower in others. When someone says they think they’re safe because they live in one of the “safer” areas of Cape Town, they are of course relatively safe to those in the less safe areas of Cape Town, but the crime distribution bleeds into almost all areas of the city/country, and most foreign countries have this same distribution. This means that while one may live in a “safer” area of Cape Town, they’re probably only as safe as those living in the bad areas of the Netherlands, US and UK, and certainly nowhere near as safe as those living in the good areas.

koeks525

Expert Member
Sad how MyBB and BusinessTech post emigration related articles every few weeks.

Yes, more people are going to resign as part of the "great resignation wave". As for emigrating, I wouldn't be so sure about that... unless people have poorly planned their emigration plan (leave as soon as getting a job offer).

L-Dog

Expert Member
Where other people see problems I see opportunity, if people want to leave let them leave more opportunity for you and me.

grok

Honorary Master
Soon..?

Attachments

• 1632209833566.png
    1632209833566.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 29

Jola

Honorary Master
Where other people see problems I see opportunity, if people want to leave let them leave more opportunity for you and me.

That only works if you have the right qualifications.

Jola

Honorary Master
But the weather…

J/K.

My bathroom went down to 5C and my bedroom down to 8C this last winter.

Their bedroom and bathroom went down to 20C last winter.

Canadians are more comfortable than we are during winter.

Note : And it cost them way less to heat their homes than it cost me with Eskom's ridiculous tariffs.

They have piped gas at a very affordable cost.

They may have to shovel snow from the driveway every now and then, but then you need a bit of exercise.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
My bathroom went down to 5C and my bedroom down to 8C this last winter.

Their bedroom and bathroom went down to 20C last winter.

Canadians are more comfortable than we are during winter.

Note : And it cost them way less to heat their homes than it cost me with Eskom's ridiculous tariffs.

They have piped gas at a very affordable cost.

They may have to shovel snow from the driveway every now and then, but then you need a bit of exercise.
Insulation! Love the insulation ...
We've had several days with a max of 20 and min of 10 the past week or two. Heating has not gone on yet. House has not dropped below 20.5...