More Xbox Series X stock coming to SA

prOd

Expert Member
Why would anyone buy a console 3 weeks before Black Friday specials? There are bound to be some deals with value add on top of console price.

Because stock levels - no way to know there will be any available in 3 weeks time.

I also doubt a brand new console will be included in any local deals but dunno

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Why would anyone buy a console 3 weeks before Black Friday specials? There are bound to be some deals with value add on top of console price.

Series X is a very unlikely candidate for Black Friday specials...

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Because stock levels - no way to know there will be any available in 3 weeks time

Going to sit this launch out locally. Have a mule that will pick one up in U.S going to see what's available over Black Friday. Usually Best Buy and the likes hold back stock for Black Friday Cyber Monday specials to drive customers into store. Lets see.

Scorpion101

PS5 is not consumer centric an additional control costs R1499. The internal hardrive on PS5 is soldered to the board so if it tanks you are %^&*ed. I hate that PS5 has made everything less consumer friendly.... lol I complain but at some point I will get the PS5. But for now I am happy with my preorder for the Series X

Wysjoumuis

#PreorderMustFall

I am a playstation fan, but hope a little the ps5 struggle so that the price can come down quicker.
I bought the ps4 slim 1tb with 2 controllers for 5290 a few years ago and now its at around 7k—8k thats crazy

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
#PreorderMustFall

I am a playstation fan, but hope a little the ps5 struggle so that the price can come down quicker.
I bought the ps4 slim 1tb with 2 controllers for 5290 a few years ago and now its at around 7k—8k thats crazy

You can thank the Exchange Rate for that. The actual price of the PS4/Xbox1 etc haven't really changed (they may have even come down a little bit on average in USD terms)

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
The internal hardrive on PS5 is soldered to the board so if it tanks you are %^&*ed.

I'm pretty sure it's the same for the new Xbox consoles too. The PS5 does have a standard m2 slot for expansion though whereas the Xbox can only use a custom external ssd.

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master

I'll be ready to buy one on Black Friday..................2022.....maybe 2023

Joking aside, I haven't had a console since I sold my Xbxox 360, a few years ago. Really liking the idea of the series S and Game pass. Contemplating of selling my kidney for one.

Scorpion101

I'm pretty sure it's the same for the new Xbox consoles too. The PS5 does have a standard m2 slot for expansion though whereas the Xbox can only use a custom external ssd.
Actually the Xbox Series X internal hardrive is not soldered to the board it’s slotted in a similar way to what you see on the Microsoft surface tablets.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Actually the Xbox Series X internal hardrive is not soldered to the board it’s slotted in a similar way to what you see on the Microsoft surface tablets.
Ah cool, where did you find this info? I was looking but for the life of me couldn't find info on the internal ssd.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Hence me holding off. I've got my money locked into a seperate account until the 20th of November. I almost bit the bullet and preordered, but I thought there might be a good deal coming along.

The best deal currently is on Avo. Series X at R10 999 and then I'm eyeing another controller and they have those going at R999 currently.

edit: I'm getting drunk. I already preordered the controller :ROFL:

Last edited: