Mortymoose's Weber & Buitebraai Offerings to the HO's Gods! - The Resurrection

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Turns out Shaun Tomson was a guest speaker at MiddleBornMoose's school two weeks back ..... :D

"Wow!" , I exclaimed, " I see Shaun Tomson is speaking at your assembly..... feckin awesome MiddlebornMoose!"

"Who's Shaun Tomson?" , she replied over the flickering SKYPE image...... :erm:

This got me to thinking about my hazy eighties....... the highlight years of my drunken youth..

One of my favourite movies.... (Moosepoint up for grabs for the name)

syrf.jpg

So I fired up my trusty Plex whilst lying in my bed this quiet morning.... and started to watch the movie.... within mere minutes, the unadulterated eighties came flooding back..... so much so , before I realised it, I was searching Gumtree for a Wrangler Jeep, not the modern one, but one from the 90's at least.... midlife crises pressing my brown duvet over me.....

Somewhere down the carpeted hall, the strains of REM could be heard, wailing about putting a man on the moon, the caffeine coffee that The English HO had delivered to her man a few minutes earlier kicking in....... I knew that today, I had to do something different with my fire.,..... break the mould..... I checked the weather report and was further encouraged to see that the next four days looked promising......

weatherb.jpg

Why was this important?

Well Tuesday is this here Moose's birthday, I turn a ripe old 47 in human years..... Tuesday is also a public holiday north of the border and for the first time in a decade I will be working.... :( but only until 13H00 ..... So I thought, on this here Sabbath , why wait, why not take these three warm days that the Grand Architect of the Universe has sent in my general direction and abuse them?

Today, I will keep it small...... Smoked Chilli cheese brugers on the Weber, with a side serving of Banana wrapped bacon..... "Mmmh! Bacon, what can't it do?" (/in a Homer Simpson voice......)

So all you braaimasters, in honour of Chuck, put on Johnnie B Goode and ignite like you were rocking and rollin'

/Moose sips third cup of coffee

:whistling:

THIS THREAD IS A CONTINUATION OF AN OLD THREAD....the original can be found..

LINK: https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showth...ber-amp-Buitebraai-Offerings-to-the-HO-s-Gods!

Last edited:

mbayshark

Expert Member
Turns out Shaun Tomson was a guest speaker at MiddleBornMoose's school two weeks back ..... :D

"Wow!" , I exclaimed, " I see Shaun Tomson is speaking at your assembly..... feckin awesome MiddlebornMoose!"

"Who's Shaun Tomson?" , she replied over the flickering SKYPE image...... :erm:

This got me to thinking about my hazy eighties....... the highlight years of my drunken youth..

One of my favourite movies.... (Moosepoint up for grabs for the name)

View attachment 424546

So I fired up my trusty Plex whilst lying in my bed this quiet morning.... and started to watch the movie.... within mere minutes, the unadulterated eighties came flooding back..... so much so , before I realised it, I was searching Gumtree for a Wrangler Jeep, not the modern one, but one from the 90's at least.... midlife crises pressing my brown duvet over me.....

Somewhere down the carpeted hall, the strains of REM could be heard, wailing about putting a man on the moon, the caffeine coffee that The English HO had delivered to her man a few minutes earlier kicking in....... I knew that today, I had to do something different with my fire.,..... break the mould..... I checked the weather report and was further encouraged to see that the next four days looked promising......

View attachment 424548

Why was this important?

Well Tuesday is this here Moose's birthday, I turn a ripe old 47 in human years..... Tuesday is also a public holiday north of the border and for the first time in a decade I will be working.... :( but only until 13H00 ..... So I thought, on this here Sabbath , why wait, why not take these three warm days that the Grand Architect of the Universe has sent in my general direction and abuse them?

Today, I will keep it small...... Smoked Chilli cheese brugers on the Weber, with a side serving of Banana wrapped bacon..... "Mmmh! Bacon, what can't it do?" (/in a Homer Simpson voice......)

So all you braaimasters, in honour of Chuck, put on Johnnie B Goode and ignite like you were rocking and rollin'

/Moose sips third cup of coffee

:whistling:
A windy day over on this side, so will fire up the binnebraai for some overnight marinated chicken thighs and drumsticks, boerwors and a biltong braaibrood. Enjoy!

patrick123

Expert Member
20170319_092920.jpg

Got a piece of pig on the Braai. SO will sort out some roast potatoes, rice and other Sunday lunch goodies.

/Off to get some Johnny B Goode blaring while I sip a bit of Johnny Walker. :D

Got a piece of pig on the Braai. SO will sort out some roast potatoes, rice and other Sunday lunch goodies.

12pm sunday lunch... ek verlang na my ma :crying: :(

before it's ready, put the skin piece directly over the heat, for literally a couple of seconds, to get it nice and crispy

patrick123

Expert Member
You started drinking late in the day.
I might still have to drive to the Rhodesfield station in Kempton Park to fetch a family member. :(

12pm sunday lunch... ek verlang na my ma :crying: :(

before it's ready, put the skin piece directly over the heat, for literally a couple of seconds, to get it nice and crispy
Yep, I have the temp sensor installed. Once it reaches temp +- 1 degree, I slice off the skin and toast it over the coals. Meat gets covered with tin foil to rest and the crackling goes on a plate to cool and go crispy.

I might still have to drive to the Rhodesfield station in Kempton Park to fetch a family member. :(

Yep, I have the temp sensor installed. Once it reaches temp +- 1 degree, I slice off the skin and toast it over the coals. Meat gets covered with tin foil to rest and the crackling goes on a plate to cool and go crispy.
Ooooh, this man is very close to me.......

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
North Shore, probably seen it a 100 times, that and Thrashin'

Even got my nickname from one of the characters.
...have a Moosepoint.... And Nia Peeples....:love:

View attachment 424556

This I want to see...the result....

Meanwhile back in the desert....... Stocking up for the heat as Chris tells me that Baby did a bad bad thing....

image.jpg

Tis' gonna be a Black Sabbath.... :twisted: The English HO is already giving the out the vibe...

That looks good! What method are your going to use? Tinfoil, steamed with spices and then a touch of the coals? Keep us updated.
The other day I just wrapped it in a rub and "tried" to do low and slow, but my snake was a little.... big. So thinner snake this time, more meat... a little smoke. Let's see....