Mortymoose's Weber & Buitebraai Offerings to the HO's Gods! - The Resurrection

handyman007

I cheat - I have a Weber smokey mountain. The chicken I buy marinated, then use any dry rub with sugar and not too much cayenne pepper for the kids. :) I don't have to touch the smoker except to add wood chips.
So you would say the Weber Smokey Mountain is a good buy?

GoB

Expert Member
So you would say the Weber Smokey Mountain is a good buy?
I like the smoker because I enjoy the variety of meats that can be made. It hasn't caught on like in the US so we don't get slow smoked meat in restaurants. I may be going to the wrong places, but it's usually slow-cooked and liquid smoke added - not even similar in taste.

But I paid under 2k in Ebucks at some point - only reason I got it. Now we're waiting for @cronjec to paint and test his smoker.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Saturday morning, The Moose awakens to the sound of a cat fight in the estate, a neighbour being a dick mowing their lawn so early and the sounds of gunfire emanating from my television device, The Lastbornmoose standing kalgat in front of the flickering screen playing the latest 8gb update on Fortnite.

On cue, the English HO appears, as per normal armed with a steaming mug of you know what......
She places the blue mug next to my bedside lamp and proceeds to draw the brown drapes...

I think unto myself, " tis' good to be back in my routine..." , after having it disrupted with students returning home for a termly break and having to drive everyone all over Southern Namibian and the Northern Cape,it's time to get back to what I like most....

This week, I inherited 14 bags of damaged charcoal, so need to do my part in destroying those pesky ice caps and will ignite.

I am not too sure what shall have the honour of spending it's last few hours on my grid yet, but the beautiful chicken that was spread over this thread last weekend did look appealing....

On the drinking front, I am taking a sabbatical, liver spoke to me after my binge in Upington last weekend so it's on the wagon again until the festive season..

You all have fun playing with those tongs okes!

ghostim

Expert Member
Urm Mr Moose
"On the drinking front, I am taking a sabbatical, liver spoke to me after my binge in Upington last weekend so it's on the wagon again until the festive season.. "

What would that be on the left ?

GoB

Expert Member
Busy with some Joey's rib eye on my make shift braai. I butter it at the end.. Don't know whether that's cheating but it works. :)

1539445356213.jpg

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Urm Mr Moose
"On the drinking front, I am taking a sabbatical, liver spoke to me after my binge in Upington last weekend so it's on the wagon again until the festive season.. "

What would that be on the left ?
I am a weak, weak man..... A pathetic excuse for a man.... :crying:..

That be an empty can from a few weeks back..... added it for effect.....
Besides I played two hours of badminton today and on a health kick, save for the vleis! ;)

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Made, will divulge 2moro after I sleep off the G+Ts
Right so G&Ts in the background and my headache.

Butterfly fillets, put in desired filling. It seems the more moisture in the filling the more likely to self deconstruct.

Roll tightly in foil and braai in weber. 2/3 in foil and 1/3 open with different basting sauces.

Enjoy this simple dish that bursts with all the flavours of the contents.