Mortymoose's Weber & Buitebraai Offerings to the HO's Gods! - The Resurrection

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Mortymoose, what site secret to get the crackling leaker on the weber.

Mortymoose, what's your secret to get that cracking lekker and crispy on the webber ! long and slow, hot and quick ?

Coarse salt and fine pepper rubbed in really well. The skin must be scored and then a wee splash of olive oil as this burn nicely at a high heat..... let it stand at least three hours before you going to cook it... and let it reach room temp before putting in Weber......

The Weber needs to be really really hot...... and off course no peeking!

scud

Coarse salt and fine pepper rubbed in really well. The skin must be scored and then a wee splash of olive oil as this burn nicely at a high heat..... let it stand at least three hours before you going to cook it... and let it reach room temp before putting in Weber......

The Weber needs to be really really hot...... and off course no peeking!
Magic - thanks

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Yes! As the Saturday swirls away with the light breeze rolling every so gracefully towards the barren dunes, The Moose does what he always does on such an afternoon.... image.jpg

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
If the wind blows from the NW it shoots a ton of ash into my afdak... The bricks help to prevent this, in addition, i can control airflow into the fire by the manner in which I arrange the bricks, thirdly, i can raise my grid level using the bricks depending on what I be cremaying, fourthly I use the bricks to support the legless Weber when I use her rounded body in this braai, sigh! Bricks , what can't they do!

image.jpg image.jpg

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
I actually did plan to braai on my arrival in Potch this evening, Holy crap, I never seen so mich water fall from the heavens...

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
Some lekker chiep meat prices at some of my local stores... It was about time for the low meat prices to filter down into the supermarkets. Just in time for Febraairie! :-D

Food Lovers Market: 28 days matured Rump & Sirloin = R89.99/kg
Pork spare ribs: R59.99 a kilo

And at my local Spar (love it how Spar meat prices sh*ts on other supermarket prices from a great height!):
Local Spar Boerewors: R59.99 a kilo (real wors - not that braaiwors kuk)
Tenderized steak: R79.99 a kilo - I use it for Prego rolls. Yum.
A grade Brisket: R69.99 a kilo - I want to try this cut for homemade biltong.