Mortymoose's Weber & Buitebraai Offerings to the HO's Gods! - The Resurrection

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
How much bones in them those shad, say compared to a snoek, (Pronounced sneek in Porre')
Is that a sweet curry on them?
:unsure:
a krap load of bones ...have to have patience

I found a nice fleshy piece towards the end

I hate snoek cos snoek is dry and boney ..but this shad was very tasty but yeah tons of bones

mum marinated with like a masala marinate. Garlic spice and basted with garlic butter while on the fire

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Snoek dry & boney :unsure: Wat djy waar kry?:X3:
As jy soos jou gat braai, sal die vis soos jou gat proe.

Snoek needs time and love, then it's everything but dry. Apricot jam, some garlic, a dash of lemon juice, constantly on the snoek, opened up and left to cook from one side only - mate, it's juicy and tender.

As a PS: I braaied fantastic hake as well a while back. Toeklaprooster smelled like fish for 3 months but that's fine. With white fish like that, golden rule is quick and simple. Just used some butter, black pepper, salt and when it was done, freshly cut parsley stuck inside to wilt in the steamy heat inside the fish. Fell apart.

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
As jy soos jou gat braai, sal die vis soos jou gat proe.

Snoek needs time and love, then it's everything but dry. Apricot jam, some garlic, a dash of lemon juice, constantly on the snoek, opened up and left to cook from one side only - mate, it's juicy and tender.

As a PS: I braaied fantastic hake as well a while back. Toeklaprooster smelled like fish for 3 months but that's fine. With white fish like that, golden rule is quick and simple. Just used some butter, black pepper, salt and when it was done, freshly cut parsley stuck inside to wilt in the steamy heat inside the fish. Fell apart.
yeah i have had snoek made like that

but i still find it abit dry and too boney compared to like hake

I need to find some nice small hake to try next time

Snoek was made once with lemon and spices wrapped in foil,

braaid with garlic butter and one braaid with the jam and lemon juice and butter mix

that was good stuff

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
It had to happen,
I have failed as a parent, as a father, a meat eating carnivore of a man...

She came home from boarding school a few short days ago, we had been warned by other platteland parents, "Don't send them away, they will come back with bad influences..." , they lectured...

Did we over at the Moose Estate listen? Nope..... We did not .... :eek:

She came home and found the appropriate moment to inform her parents....

We had sensed something was wrong , especially after the breakfast session over at the Wimpy in Springbok on the way up the N7 to Namibia...... The signs were there, but we did not see them....

That breakfast, not her normal...... Not the good ol Full house with bangers, bacon and eggs... We should have known...

"Is Pappa braaing today?" She enquired, knowing full well that cremations of the deceased beasts is the order of the weekend, the traditions and manner in which we appease our Gods!

"Yes! Off course, after work MiddlebornMoose...", I hesitantly replied...

Then the bombshell......

"Pappa! I love you, But..........I don't eat meat anymore...", she mumbled...

There it was, out in the open for all to hear..... The fruit of my loins, I have spawned a Vegetarian....

"My gawd! The neighbours, the local butcher," , I thought unto myself silently..... "What will they think..." , I shuddered...

Knowing we shall be shunned by all the meat eaters in the community, they will be whispering behind our backs.....

"Their daughter, yes! At boarding school..... She fell in with the wrong crowd..... My God it will kill her father..." , they will have gossiped...

So now I am making a fecking Vegetarian braaipie....

How The mighty have sunk....

:X3:

View attachment 637126View attachment 637126

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
hope your daughter comes in with a divine intervention around the braai :p and makes you stop

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
Jissus all these braai posts at home.
Would give my left nut to be able to braai at home during the week.
It is very very very frowned upon in my complex where the average age of people is about 70 :rolleyes:
That's why I look forward to weekends getting away and braaing every weekend outdoors no matter the weather :ROFL:
But an indoor braai in winter is still something i wish for to have and own before i die one day, maybe MyBB will partner up with a supplier selling indoor braais and give 1 away as a prize? :giggle: