Mortymoose's Weber & Buitebraai Offerings to the HO's Gods! - Waiter!There's a Condom in my Soup!

kang

The tray was just to re-heat. Scared of braaing fish but this yellowtail was great.
0f1348c2fd774228d6abe68019b3aa9e.jpg

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
The tray was just to re-heat. Scared of braaing fish but this yellowtail was great.
0f1348c2fd774228d6abe68019b3aa9e.jpg

what gas braai is that

im looking to invest in a decent gas braai for when bwana says its ok to braai on gas

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
on the gas braai topics whats the difference between alva, megamaster, masterchef and some cheaper ones

i saw the price of weber and they start at like 10k

i want to budget about 3k for it

but since all are gas and some are diffeerent burners with the cheaper ones being 3 burners whats the real difference other than that

do you need more burners or more burners is just more surface area for cooking

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
on the gas braai topics whats the difference between alva, megamaster, masterchef and some cheaper ones

i saw the price of weber and they start at like 10k

i want to budget about 3k for it

but since all are gas and some are diffeerent burners with the cheaper ones being 3 burners whats the real difference other than that

do you need more burners or more burners is just more surface area for cooking
The spelling
Gas flame is a gas flame

Pineapple Smurf

It's going to come down to the finishing touches, quality of build. etc. Quality of metals used as some cheap kak will rust quickly
Same as a camping fridge, everyone buys Engel but my Campmaster for half the price I bought 7 years ago does exactly the same job as it has the same Dan Foss compressor, and it is half the price

Pineapple Smurf

Buy secondhand. I've seen great bargains online, often at less than half the original price for units that have hardly been used.
I will totally agree with this
Worse case scenario it needs a bloody good clean
Or it might need a replacement burner, and parts are cheapish

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
It's going to come down to the finishing touches, quality of build. etc. Quality of metals used as some cheap kak will rust quickly
Same as a camping fridge, everyone buys Engel but my Campmaster for half the price I bought 7 years ago does exactly the same job as it has the same Dan Foss compressor, and it is half the price

yeah now whats the good decent ones

kang

what gas braai is that

im looking to invest in a decent gas braai for when bwana says its ok to braai on gas
Its a Weber Spirit E-310 that I got off Takealot for R7999 about 2 years ago. I looked at all the other brands, read tons of reviews and eventually settled on the Weber solely based on the cookbox.
Weber is cast aluminium. Its 1 piece of metal. The cheaper ones all have sheet metal bent into shape with a seam and I've seen meat juice leak out of that seam, catch fire somehow, and the entire braai ended up into the pool.
I was in that pool at the time.

I'm glad I just closed my eyes and spent way too much on a braai, but if I hadn't, I would have always wondered how the Weber compared to the cheaper one. (I'm like that)

Poppie also has a gas braai. It's very convenient during the week for a quick grill...and a great excuse to have some beers.

Oh, and cleaning it is a bit of a pain but I gladly do it about once a month considering how much I spent on the darn thing, I need to look after it. And more beers make that job less painfull.

Last edited:

HunterNW

Honorary Master
seen some 2nd hand but prices still high

some are very bad condition
I'll give you my 2c. I had one - Used it twice and sold it after 3 years gathering dust.
If you want a decent gasbraai - Go for webber and cough up the money.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
R8k is way out of budget lol

i rather dump it in the pool if it does catch fire and claim from insurance and get a R8k one

@Pineapple Smurf you ever been to the alva factory shop in parden island side...well opposite the road by woodstock