Mortymoose's Weber & Buitebraai Offerings to the HO's Gods! - Waiter!There's a Condom in my Soup!

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
The Sabbath, Mixed Emotions, the hot East Wind roaring off the barren desert causing the dry brown oak leaves to swirl in unison around my drinking table out at the braai.

The braai! The braai! :confused:

Fare the well old friend, today we cremate for the final time, our years have run their course and nothing lives forever.....

I met this outdoor braai some fifteen years ago when I had first moved into this old house..... back then she was barely a virgin, without character, thrusting her stiff structure towards the empty Namibian skies.... Grey a alone she stood, we were instantly a hit and I warmed her inner sanctum....

1The Roaring Fire (Medium).jpg

It was a different era back then and I socialized a lot more than I do now, in the fifties your mates move on, divorce or in my case die.

We had beer towers that stretched far into the Sunday nights, the laughter echoing against that dear braai's walls....

Feeling nostalgic and much against the English HO's advice, I started to roll back the years by clicking through my memories, the faces , the antics.... the drinking......

3From a Distance (Medium).jpg

Yesterday, the penultimate ignition in that braai, feeling melancholy I braai'd two flightless Namibian Pumpkin espetata's ....... A strange feeling swept over me as I stood their alone..... "Had it really come to this? Is this how it all ends" , I pondered....

4ClickenPenultimate.jpg

5Weather (Medium).jpg

Today arrived, the weather playing her part.... I did my chores, walked the mutt at the beach, played badminton did the garden and stared out the window at the braai....... Today it ends....

Years ago I built an afdak over her so we could braai in the rain and mist, so attached were we that I splurged out and had her painted.... Those were the good years..... times felt like they would never end....

2(Medium).jpg

Today for the finale, it will be 2kg of pure Namibian Free Range Beed, I called my driver and will have a case of Namibia's finest beer dropped off at my home shortly,

This last time....... :crying:

/Moose starts to sing to himself, "The time has come......."

abudabi

Expert Member
The Sabbath, Mixed Emotions, the hot East Wind roaring off the barren desert causing the dry brown oak leaves to swirl in unison around my drinking table out at the braai.

Fare the well old friend, today we cremate for the final time, our years have run their course and nothing lives forever.....

I met this outdoor braai some fifteen years ago when I had first moved into this old house..... back then she was barely a virgin, without character, thrusting her stiff structure towards the empty Namibian skies.... Grey a alone she stood, we were instantly a hit and I warmed her inner sanctum....

View attachment 1163942

It was a different era back then and I socialized a lot more than I do now, in the fifties your mates move on, divorce or in my case die.

We had beer towers that stretched far into the Sunday nights, the laughter echoing against that dear braai's walls....

Feeling nostalgic and much against the English HO's advice, I started to roll back the years by clicking through my memories, the faces , the antics.... the drinking......

View attachment 1163944

Yesterday, the penultimate ignition in that braai, feeling melancholy I braai'd two flightless Namibian Pumpkin espetata's ....... A strange feeling swept over me as I stood their alone..... "Had it really come to this? Is this how it all ends" , I pondered....

View attachment 1163954

View attachment 1163948

Today arrived, the weather playing her part.... I did my chores, walked the mutt at the beach, played badminton did the garden and stared out the window at the braai....... Today it ends....

Years ago I built an afdak over her so we could braai in the rain and mist, so attached were we that I splurged out and had her painted.... Those were the good years..... times felt like they would never end....

View attachment 1163952

Today for the finale, it will be 2kg of pure Namibian Free Range Beed, I called my driver and will have a case of Namibia's finest beer dropped off at my home shortly,

Will there be a Phoenix rising from her ashes uncle Moose?

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Will there be a Phoenix rising from her ashes uncle Moose?

Hell Yes! I never built this in the first place, My Diamond Diver Neighbour makes a ton of noise, at least five days a week he pumps music out, don't think he realizes how loud it is, even neighbours two house from me hear it.

He also installed security camera's which I am pretty sure see my current braai setup, so on Monday morning the builders shall arrive, knock this one down and build a new one blocking out my neighbour's noise and camera's affording us some privacy, also have anew porty pool arriving for the summer session...... so it's almost back to normal time......

The Final Meal (Medium).jpg

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur

View attachment 1163942

View attachment 1163944

View attachment 1163954

View attachment 1163948

View attachment 1163952

What the **** is wrong with your cats face?
Is it having a stroke?
1633861919129.png

abudabi

Expert Member
Hell Yes! I never built this in the first place, My Diamond Diver Neighbour makes a ton of noise, at least five days a week he pumps music out, don't think he realizes how loud it is, even neighbours two house from me hear it.

He also installed security camera's which I am pretty sure see my current braai setup, so on Monday morning the builders shall arrive, knock this one down and build a new one blocking out my neighbour's noise and camera's affording us some privacy, also have anew porty pool arriving for the summer session...... so it's almost back to normal time......

View attachment 1163980
Ahh.. Good lad. And even gooder lad for those amazing steaks! :love:

Tinuva

The Magician
Daar sy.

47b212187ea5a02ef5c103980be80df6.jpg