Mortymoose's Weber & Buitebraai Offerings to the HO's Gods! - Waiter!There's a Condom in my Soup!

SAguy

Executive Member
Please help

I'm on my way to fetch my first Weber. I have never used a Weber before and have just about never braai'd with anything other than wood. I need a crash course on how to light briquettes and how to braai on the damn thing.

Just doing a normal chicken and choppies, not anything low and slow.

Help!

RedViking

Nord of the South
And as if things can't get any worse, I broke my wife's planter I got her for Valentines earlier the year. Was throwing ball in the house for the dog (yes, she said many time I'm gonna break something)..

Well now I hope she doesn't notice. Otherwise tonight I might as well just work.

IMG_20210821_152614.jpg

Stickfigure

Executive Member
Second leg of wild boar on the spit at the local pub today

8665a01df8a771805362de6670d67d6a.jpg

e5388ff081fe33a81bf8e6c68de134d7.jpg

PoppieChoffel

Executive Member
Please help

I'm on my way to fetch my first Weber. I have never used a Weber before and have just about never braai'd with anything other than wood. I need a crash course on how to light briquettes and how to braai on the damn thing.

Help!
I have not watched as we don't have a Weber, but mayhap this will help.

Hazy_Living@79

Please help

Help!
Indirect heat is your friend. Light the coals (about 40 of em) like normal, then set them on either side of the weber. Place the chicken in the centre, so not above coals, close lid with both vents open, and roast for an hour and a bit. The chops, do something similar I.e. indirect heat lid closed for about 10 to 15, depending how you like them, then flame them over the direct for a minute or two.

Also get yourself a chimney starter.

Good luck, and let's see pics

SAguy

Executive Member
And as if things can't get any worse, I broke my wife's planter I got her for Valentines earlier the year. Was throwing ball in the house for the dog (yes, she said many time I'm gonna break something)..

Well now I hope she doesn't notice. Otherwise tonight I might as well just work.

View attachment 1131458
Don't worry, I'm also in the dogbox already...